back to article Clarifai job cuts, Lyft and Waymo love-in and OpenAI's scary GPT-2 goes live – well, sort of

Hello, this week's AI roundup is short and sweet. If you've been waiting to play with OpenAI's GPT-2 model, here's your chance. Also, Waymo and Lyft are working together to bring self-driving taxis on the road. Clarifai is slashing its staff: Clarifai, the computer vision startup best known for its work with the US Department …

1. I.Geller Bronze badge

I am the First!

Please remember that I am the First! Please remember that I created a prototype of what OpenAI is now showing back in 2003, see my publications in NIST TREC 2003-2006. Remember this is my patented technology.

2. quattroprorocked

This AI thing, needs work :-)

My text "Gloucester is on the river..."

It's response...

the river of life's breath, like the river from one's heart, flows along your spine, into our body...but you do not like our breath." -Cullen B. Mullan

"As I've learned, being in a spiritual life, and as I've learned to work with all of these spirits that have come from the dead, is actually very healing. The way things have broken down between our inner circle of spirits, so the whole system has broken down with their own bodies, we can take control of that." -Stephen Sondheim, in an interview and on film

"It takes more than your head to open a door. But it's your heart to open one. And if the heart is true, if your heart is willing, your mind is willing, your will is willing." -Jesus of Nazareth

"Life is not a dance. You know, you can't just pick and choose what you do with life. But there are moments in life, especially when you're sick, when you

3. I.Geller Bronze badge

Waymo’s head of research has warned that Elon Musk’s refusal to add a piece of technology that is relied upon by many self-driving start-ups to save money could leave it open to errors that might endanger people.

Why Waymo helps its competitor? Because Musk finally understood AI technology which Google uses since 2009, the moment Google (Eric Schmidt, Sergey Brin and Larry Page) got their hands on my patent applications.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like