back to article XM and Sirius propose a la carte options

XM and Sirius are dangling a new carrot in front of the Federal Communications Commission in order to get the green light to merge. The satellite radio companies say they will offer a la carte packages of their lineups if the antitrust regulators look the other way. Okay, so maybe it will be a monopoly — but damned if they aren …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As long as I don't get screwed over

I'm paid up through next year on one Sirius subscription and the year after on another. As long as I don't *lose* anything I don't really care what they do.

I do hold Sirius stock, I wish they'd at least get it above water for a change.

2. Michael C

I like choices

The only thing keeping me from either service was $13/month. If I can get 50 or so commercial free music stations for $7, I'll bite, assuming none of the all-music chanels I want are "premium". I don't want talk, commercials, or anything else, just music. Radio in my area of the country sux, so I use MP3 only right now. Streamripping helps keep the collection fresh, but it's a lot of work keeping that sorted, rated, and stuffed into iPod shuffle...

3. Eric

Sure, but for HOW LONG?

Until they raise all the rates and slow let commercials creep in. A year? Two? Whatever, cable's monopolies on areas has already proved to suck. It's only with FIOS and satellite that they've been forced to raise their level of service. Let them compete and run out of money, when they go broke a smarter company will step in, by their equipment, and learn from their mistakes. In other words, not spending millions of dollars on Opera and Stern or other celebrities who aren't worth it.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pay for Radio?????

Why would I want to pay for radio? I know it may be good for people who live in remote areas and people who commute long distances. What does it offer over traditional radio? NTFM.

This topic is closed for new posts.