back to article Telford dumps OAPs in garden waste

Regular readers may recall the case of the Cumbria man who obtained a licence to dump his dead gran at the local tip - an enlightened service made possible by the cunning classification of dead relatives as "general domestic waste". Not to be outdone, Telford council is rather obligingly offering to collect locals' unwanted …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alan

If this had been posted yesterday...

...I would have been very suspicious...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Come back Esther, all is forgiven!

This story is the kind of mildly amusing misprint they used to have on the BBC's "That's Life"!

Will we be seeing amusingly-shaped vegetables on The Register next week? Or Doc Cox singing an amusing ditty about trying to compost your granny?

3. Jake Perks

Problems with the service

I live in Telford and the service isn't what it's cracked up to be. I left my OAPs out on the street last Tuesday, but I didn't realise until Wednesday that they only provide a fortnightly collection. They've been sitting there ever since and won't get collected until tomorrow. Shoddy.

4. Colin Jackson

Ah but...

Ah but to be fair Jake, some of them weren't quite dead yet. And you have to leave them in exactly the right spot, or they won't collect them. Apparently, outside my (yardless) front door doesn't count as the 'front of my property', according to Telford & Wrekin refuse-collection-monkey logic.

This topic is closed for new posts.