back to article Weird HyperFlex but OK: Cisco hops into bed with Schneider over edgy data centre designs

Cisco has buddied up with with Schneider Electric on a range of reference designs for micro data centres, featuring its HyperFlex hyperconverged infrastructure appliances. The enclosures have been pre-integrated with servers to speed up installation, and can arrive complete with UPS, PDUs, cable management, blanking panels, …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmm, intercept

Any word on any open investigations into IOS code security and cleanliness? Huawei messed up process wise, but that's a security quality issue, not a malicious intercept capability issue. I'd like to see IOS subjected to the same scrutiny.

1. Mayday
      Stop

Re: Hmm, intercept

Whats IOS got to do with Hyperflex, UCS or in the case of the article racks, cables and power?

2. baspax

Picture Please?

It looks actually quite cute and useful.

"Schneider and Cisco showed a 12U micro data center in Andover, installed in a Schneider CX casing, with shock-mountings, sound insulation and a wood fascia, making it suitable for use in carpeted office environments, blending with office furniture."

DON'T TELL ME YOU DON'T ONE UNDER YOUR DESK! Because I do.

Check this out

https://www.techcentral.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/APC_Cisco-HyperFlex-350x350.jpg

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like