back to article F-AIRI-nuff: Pure Storage takes its machine-learning platform hyperscale

Pure Storage has updated its AIRI platform for accelerating artificial intelligence workloads with a hyperscale configuration that includes Nvidia's DGX-1 and DGX-2 GPU boxes and Mellanox networking. The firm today also unveiled an alternative platform aimed at the more mainstream enterprise market. This is based on its …

1. m0rt

F-AIRI-nuff

Me an a mate have a years long continuation with different spelling of Fair Enough.

Fairy Nuff

Pheurrie Nough

Phurry Nuff

Furry Nuff

Furrie Neurf

Ferry nerf

Fir E Nuf

...and so on.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

AIRI's not selling well

and so the next play is to package GPUs with UCS. This won't work either.

1. Jjo

Re: AIRI's not selling well

Funny you say that..

This link states otherwise

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6511958953235148800

I also attended a webinar they did with the customer last week - ElementAI and I really loved it. as well as few other customers in Europe and Taiwan that they mentioned in their press release.

I think they have more customers than NetApp, Dell EMC combined for AI.

Disclaimer: We use Pure & NetApp in our data center and I closely follow these two companies.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I have yet to see a vendor saying a product of theirs is not selling well...

There's a big difference between having a few customers vs generating noteworthy revenue...

1. Jjo

AI is still a niche market for storage vendors. The fact that a company can boast 15-20 customers in public (how many are non public) in a year is a noteworthy accomplishment. Question is why has NetApp or DellEmc not been able to do so? For example, Dell published their AI Ready ref arch with DGX 6 months ago and officially announced last week. They didn't have a single customer quoted as the users of the platform?

Secondly, Pure seems to doubling down on AIRI with scaling across racks of DGX apart from the new FlashStack. I also find it interesting to see 'hyperscale'. My assumption that some hyperscale companies are using AIRI here.

Disclaimer: We use Pure & NetApp in our data center and I closely follow these two companies.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

Do you really believe claiming to be a customer works?

When you're attacking a couple of vendors one of which you claim to be using, the signal you're sending is not that of a customer but rather someone from Pure with a newly created profile...

1. Jjo

It does. And here is why. I am not representing my company. I am representing my opinion based on using both. Are you telling me that I can't hold an opinion based on my experience? I was transparent upfront that I use them and I know what I am talking about. Clearly you don't, and hence u deflect.

Besides, the last person who can comment about disguise is an 'anonymous coward' . You CLEARLY sound like someone from NetApp or Dell, butt hurt..

Good night.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like