back to article Intel Core i7 'Nehalem' CPUs go on sale

Intel's first 'Nehalem' processors, the desktop Core i7 series, is now on sale, but that hasn't stopped it adding new Core 2 Quad chips to its roadmap. The 45nm four-core Core i7 line-up comprises the 2.66GHz 920, the 2.93GHz 940 and the 3.2GHz 965 Extreme. All three contain 8MB of L2 and L3 cache, and an on-board memory …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Shaun

Memory speeds

I think you'll find the Extreme edition supports 1333MHz DDR 3 natively, and up to 1800/2000MHz on some enthusiast motherboards.

2. Stuart
    Coat

All Hot & Bothered

So Quad Cores using "no more than 65w" are "energy efficient" and Intel are happy to push the market to 135w processors.

People were amazed at the original Pentium prolific 60w consumption. Seems a bit strange to re-label prolific as energy efficient. Looks like we ought to get CO2 emisions on the label and charge penal taxes on the leccy-guzzlers.

Mines the one with an (eeepc 901) Atom in the pocket.

3. Gordon
    Flame

Carbon neutrality?

May I refer Stuart to BOFH Episode 4...

[quote]

"A REAL computer has ONE speed and the only powersaving it permits is when you pull the power leads out of the back!" I blurt. "In fact, a REAL computer would have a hole in the front to push trees into and an exhaust pipe out the back for the black smoke to come out of."

[/quote]

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Nehalem

Hey, is that Nehalem or Nephilim?

... and if the Nephilim were still around....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like