back to article Reanimated Violin returns to scene with flashy XVS 8 array, and, er, AR app

Violin Systems is making the most of being rescued by private equity, with new hardware and software, and a focus on tossing its hat into the all-flash array performance ring. The company crashed into bankruptcy following a poor IPO. It was bought out of Chapter 11 by a George Soros-controlled private equity fund and …

1. Paul Hargreaves

Really?

> ... scan... QR code on the array's front

Boss: "Dave? What's the current utilisation of the array?"

Dave: "I'll grab my coat and be back in 10. Into the dark, noisy, chilly DC I go.. if I can get a signal in there."

Well, it's certainly a differentiator. Gap in the market and all that...

1. Nate Amsden

Re: Really?

back in 10? for me would be have to book a flight to the other side of the country(~4-5 hrs each way air time alone, at least 90min drive to the airport with no traffic). I typically make two such trips to our main data center per year, staying for 10 days on each trip. I do wish it was closer..

I too was quite confused when I saw mention of scanning a QR code to get info.

1. pig

Re: Really?

Errrrr.... Think about it folks.

I'm pretty sure scanning the QR code isn't the *only* way to get the performance info.

You could bring it up in a browser instead of making such an onerous trip.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh joy

George Soros eh - I'm sure they are excited about that bit getting out...

3. froberts2

Oh please, not the "customers need fewer servers and associated software licences to run the same applications" line again.

Almost every AFA vendor has claimed that, and when asked to prove it they all back-pedal because it simply can't be justified.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon