back to article Mac users get to join the OneDrive Files On-Demand festivities

A year after Microsoft reintroduced placeholders for Windows users of OneDrive in the form of "Files On-Demand", Mac users of the cloudy file service are getting the same love. Placeholders were briefly a thing in the Windows 7 and 8.1 worlds and allowed a OneDrive user to view the contents of their cloud file store without …

1. Insane Reindeer
    Coat

What I have learned from reading the comments section on El Reg

Anything and everything that has have ever carried the Mircosoft name is a steaming pile of incomprehensible junk. Put upon this earth to make everyone who works in the "industry" despair and lament the "good old times before Microsoft ruined everything".

Apple. They can do no wrong (mostly), their beef with El Reg is entirely warranted as (paraphrasing and condensing) "everyone who works at El Reg is paid to hate them" and if only their products hadn't become so gad-damn-popular the world would be a much better place.

So when Microsoft get round to giving Apple users something that they should of had before everyone else I always make a point to spend as long as possible avoiding the comments section on that story...............

1. Lee D Silver badge

Re: What I have learned from reading the comments section on El Reg

Not what I see.

There's a ton of (justifiable) Apple hate on here too.

Microsoft are pretty "meh" nowadays - they're just software, and the XBox. Their global monopoly influence has been reduced to the core OS and office suite. Everything else is secondary, and it shows in their hardware offerings and purchases (e.g. Windows Phone, Nokia, etc.). And Windows Server is undeniably pretty decent at all the things you want a server to do nowadays. Sorry, but it is. And I spent the 90/00's on Linux almost exclusively. Not saying it's perfect, but it's incredibly manageable and very powerful and stable.

Apple, in comparison, just can't get much right at all. I've never seen anything I consider a "good" Apple product. There isn't a single Apple product on the market that I wouldn't rather have the equivalent money for. You couldn't "give them away" to me... I'd just sell them, buy an equivalent and pocket the difference. I'm far from the only one on here like that.

That's why we may mock, but we really don't care that Apple don't talk to The Reg. It honestly makes no difference to me.

2. Zippy´s Sausage Factory
      Devil

You raise a good point.

I was just coming here to moan that OneDrive was still playing catchup with Dropbox, to be honest.

3. Captain Scarlet
      Mushroom

Apple can make OS7/8 crash (Stupid bomb icon) right when everyone at Special Reserve was doing the stock take, I know its probably the Filemaker Pro applications fault but I'm not going to miss a chance to take a swipe at Apple (As I had better things to do, like miss my train and instead go to the Pub across from it).

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"I've never seen anything I consider a "good" Apple product."

It's almost been 20 years, but I thought the iPod was a very good product (disregarding the iTunes lock in). Well, that's the end of my list.

Microsoft just has less and less features people actually want. I mean, Microsoft literally removes logical functionality and considers it advancement.

3. AndyRawlins

I want it on my computer!

I've already been caught out once with an application that wouldn't open because the data file it needed had been sent to 'cloud only' by OneDrive without me knowing and I didn't have an internet connection.

If I want something to be in the cloud only I'll put it there myself thanks for asking.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like