back to article Vodafone and EE ship Apple's Watch 4, but not without LTE teething issues

By popular opinion, Apple's most accomplished product of 2018 – and maybe even in years – has been its Watch Series 4. But wait, if you live in the UK, there are some things you should know about well before you pull out your wallet. While fanbois can swan into an Apple Store today and emerge more than £1,000 poorer for the …

1. Another User

No Roaming with AppleWatch 3/4

An eSIM could give you additional freedom in selecting a provider. Here you cannot even use the AppleWatch in other countries. Particularly in Europe it is easy to cross borders. No roaming is a massive limitation.

1. Gordon 10

Re: No Roaming with AppleWatch 3/4

Do you mean it doesn't roam in the EU? Isn't that illegal?

1. Another User

Unfortunately this is legal. Here straight from the horse’s mouth:

‘Every existing or new contract that includes roaming services will change to "roam like at home" contract.’

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/faq/question-and-answers-roaming

2. JimboSmith Silver badge

An eSIM could give you additional freedom in selecting a provider. Here you cannot even use the AppleWatch in other countries. Particularly in Europe it is easy to cross borders. No roaming is a massive limitation.

That was exactly my point in the last story about eSIMs. Whilst the theory is great about them it's obvious that they're open to abuse with network lock ins.

2. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

Nice piece of advertising.

"And haggling will help even more, especially at renewal time."

Or cheaper still... just not bothering with it?

3. Roopee Bronze badge
    Meh

Just for one of those?!

I can’t believe anyone sees ~£700 utility in one of those! And they’re surely not beautiful enough to class as “jewellery”?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I’m buying 3...

One for each wrist.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like