back to article HP Inc strips off, rolls around as Windows 10 money pours down

HP Inc's latest set of financials were boringly positive – from a rival's perspective – rising as they did by double digits. "Q3 was impressive," CEO Dion Weisler told a gaggle of Wall Street types on an earnings call. And it was based on a "balanced performance across businesses and regions", he added. Group turnover for HP' …

1. Alan Sharkey

How many?

" according to Gartner it grew 6.1 per cent to 13,589,000,000 units as the total sector grew just 1.4 per cent to 62,095,000,000"

But there's only 5 billion or so people on the planet - so that's around 12 PC's each. I only own 3 - who's got my other 9?

ALan

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Re: How many?

"I only own 3 - who's got my other 9?"

The van driver left them in your bin & they were taken away by the binmen before you knew they were there. https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/lincoln-news/fury-internet-shopping-delivery-left-1880212

2. DJV Silver badge

who's got my other 9?

Me - so, hurry up and pay the ransom!

You are a tad out of date on the world population (but what's a couple of billion between friends).

Here are some scary numbers: http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

2. Bavaria Blu

HP printers becoming a rate sight

I seldom see HP printers these days - you're more likely to see an Epson or Canon consumer device and something like a Ricoh or Kyocera in the corporate space.

I haven't owned a printer for two years now, and I am just about surviving.

1. Aseries

Re: HP printers becoming a rate sight

I have two so I guess the world is still in balance.

3. Dave K

"Weisler added that customers were aware of the "Windows 7 sunset" – Microsoft ends support for the OS next year"

Technically the year after next. Support ends January 2020.

1. bombastic bob Silver badge
      Go

and until there's an equivalent to windows 7 out there, I shall continue to use it indefinitely for those things that still require windows. Until they don't.

4. adam payne

"We think that's a positive stimulus in the market."

Being forced on to Windows 10 might be positive for the market but not for everybody who hates it.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"HP outpaced the PC market in calendar Q2 – according to Gartner it grew 6.1 per cent to 13,589,000,000 units as the total sector grew just 1.4 per cent to 62,095,000,000. Lenovo and Dell grew faster than HP but for context Lenovo sold 12 million more PCs than HP."

I don't understand these words. Billions of PCs? How do the growth rates reconcile? What is going on?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Friends don't let friends...

buy HP's

1. bombastic bob Silver badge
      Trollface

Re: Friends don't let friends...

Friends don't let friends use windows 10

(and it rhymes)

7. CompUser

The HP systems being sold on our local shopping channel don't specify the OS (Windows 10) anymore - they always used to.

It seems sales go better when Windows 10 isn't mentioned.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like