back to article HP Ink splashes out on Brit print provider Apogee

HP Inc. has announced that is acquiring UK-based managed print and document services slinger Apogee in a $500m (£380m) deal. Profits down, image via Shutterstock HP Ink's UK profits tumble nearly 85% – of course Brexit to blame READ MORE Apogee, which according to its Companies House (PDF) filing clocked up £172.8m in …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Danwood

Never been impressed with Danwood (or Apogee as they are now).

As a second line engineer, dealing with their engineers was painful. It was always our problem not theirs.

I've heard similar from other organisations who also used Danwood.

Wonder if the service will get better or worse under HP!

Anyway, we've moved to another supplier. Things look good so far.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Danwood

Wonder if the service will get better or worse under HP!

Really? I think most of us can guess the answer to that...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

We had Danwood here as well, with their DNA toner delivery software. No one at Danwood could tell me what it meant - all I could think of is "Did Not Arrive".

On a complete tangent - saw a van with Dan Wood plumbing. Well it amused me....

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

As a second line engineer, dealing with their engineers was painful. It was always our problem not theirs

Had one engineer try to wind me up. Made him a cup of tea with salt instead of sugar - he was a lot less irritating after that....

1. sanmigueelbeer
        Happy

Made him a cup of tea with salt instead of sugar

Next time, give him "the $hits" by offering Haribo SUGAR FREE Classic Gummi Bears.

(https://www.amazon.com/Haribo-SUGAR-Classic-Gummi-Bears/dp/B006J1FBLM/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8)

The customer reviews really crack me up.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Actually........ (salt in tea AC here)

When my wife was first diagnosed as diabetic, we did buy a load of sugar free sweets. She had a few and discovered the laxative effect and so she didn't want any more.

Waste not, want not! Rather than throw them away, I took them into work to share, but forgot to mention the reason why. I think in Mythbuster terms, I was "replicating the result"? Interesting to see which people on the service desk like to stuff their faces with free food!

4. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

"Never been impressed with Danwood (or Apogee as they are now)."

So, not the outfit created Duke Nuke'Em then?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In a former role we played name substitution dependent on performance that week

Apathy

Apology

Apocalyptic

Appease

Apparition

Appall

For balance, usually just before an account review Applaud.

1. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge

Re: In a former role we played name substitution dependent on performance that week

It does seem odd to name your company for the highest point in a trajectory. There's nowhere to go but down after apogee...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: In a former role we played name substitution dependent on performance that week

Maybe ACME was already taken?

3. LeahroyNake

More customers for me

Apogee buying Danwood gifted us quite a few customers as they had a great excuse to leave after years of poor service.

Fingers crossed for more of the same this time around especially if they are forced or encouraged to push sub standard HP / Samsung copiers :)

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: More customers for me

Until there's only them left standing, then what?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like