back to article Intel, Microsoft, Adobe release a swarm of bug fixes to ruin your week

IT admins face a busy week ahead as Microsoft, Intel, and Adobe have issued bundles of scheduled security fixes addressing more than 150 CVE-listed vulnerabilities. Surprise, surprise, Microsoft has a ton of browser fixes For Redmond, the July Patch Tuesday will bring fixes for 53 individual bugs, 25 of those allowing for …

1. Shadow Systems

One. Hundred. Fifty. flaws?

*Blink. Blink*

FMS with a set of bagpipes...

1. Elmer Phud

Re: One. Hundred. Fifty. flaws?

Album on release soon?

2. TReko

Intel fixes

Any link to the performance hit of the Intel fixes?

Sadly, I'm a patching coward an prefer to let others be the guinea pig first.

3. JLV

>Adobe somehow managed to find itself plugging nearly twice as many security holes as Microsoft.

Somehow? this is Adobe we’re talking about. Their prime role is to make everyone else’s security look professional in comparison.

Meanwhile BBC’s still putting out Flash...

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
      Holmes

Re: BBC Still putting out Flash

I don't have (And will not have) Flash installed on my Laptop yet I can't remember the last time a found a BBC Vid that is less than two years old that required flash. Sure, a lot of the old content does but even that seems to be improving.

Care to give an example of a new post that needs flash?

As for 'flash' itself, the sooner Adobe consigned it to the wastebasket of history the better. The thing must only be patches on top of patches on top of patches and on top of yet more patches.

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: BBC Still putting out Flash

"Care to give an example of a new post that needs flash?"

The live stream of the opening ceremony for The Great Exhibition of the North. There are others, but to be fair most are old vids linked into current news stories, but there have definitely been some which are new video for current (at the time) news stories. There does seem to be a small department that didn't get the memo or some news editor who doesn't know how to get externally sourced video transcoded for the new system so just slaps it through the old system.

4. elhvb
    FAIL

usual lack of QA...

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2511943

I am going to hold off on the Adobe DC patch for now...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And another pile of RCE bugs in IE/Edge. C'mon MS - just chuck a wrapper around WebKit and be done with it already.

6. mark l 2 Silver badge

I don't trust Adobe software as far as I can throw it, It was a long while ago I ditched Acrobat, it was a bloated insecure turd. And they still can't even manage to get flash secure even though new features are no longer being developed.

7. Florida1920

Flash Security Update?

I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked!

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: Flash Security Update?

I think what's most shocking is they only found and issued fixes for 2 bugs. The number for Acrobat and Reader outstripping the number of bugs for an entire OS and it's assorted bloat userland programmes is more shocking.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like