back to article Daily Mail punts Georgina Baillie filth

The Daily Mail earlier today sought to squeeze extra value from the Manuelgate scandal by exposing some sordid secrets regarding Georgina Baillie's alleged life as "Mistress Voluptua - a dominatrix who charges clients £110 an hour for the dubious pleasures of being treated as her 'slave'". However, its original choice of snap …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Leigh Smith

I assume that...

...the person responsible will be water boarded until they admit being at fault and apologise. Then that person will surely be burnt at the stake, their estate confiscated and their family thrown out onto the street. That is the only fitting way to deal with smut peddlers.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

Well...........

Spank me with a wolled up copy of exchange and mart, who'd ave adam an eved it !

Bill gates ? 'cause he spanks you on the arse for £110 an hour too.

3. Jamie Davis
    Thumb Down

Dear god

but I'm bored of this story.

(...but not disinterested enough to withhold my opinion)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

Playmobil! It's Friday!

We demand a Playmobil reconstruction! It's Friday, dammit.

Do they do BDSM Playmobil? The medieval dungeon set, maybe? With nunz.

Penguins are black and white too.

5. kissingthecarpet
    Coat

I think you mean uninterested...

Disinterested (as in disinterested party) refers to someone who has no interest (in the sense of *conflict of interest* or stake) in something - e.g. "Mandelson was not a disinterested party to the aluminium deal". Uninterested is when you are not interested i.e.bored. as in "I'm uninterested in comments by pedants who bang on about subtle differences in words that no-one cares about"

PS How about a "Pedant Alert" icon

PPS I'd give her the thumbs up! (gets dirty old mac)

6. beast666

Wish I was there...

I wouldn't think for a second to help this elderly gent take down these scum... If i had to be the first person however to take them on then I'd think again, that's why he's so brave! This guy deserves his Rolex and a medal from then Queen IMHO. Good on you John!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Importantly...

Don't forget: it was the BBC that invaded her privacy. Got that?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh Mail Online

I didn't know they had a website.

9. Scott Silver badge
    Flame

I am disgusted

with the Daily Mail.

How many people listened to the original programme - quite a few I believe.

How many of those listeners complained - apparently not many.

The entire furore was caused by the DM. Undoubtedly, Brand and Ross were unnaceptable. They deserve a strong warning or something. Did the offended parties complain? Only their complaints and those of the original listeners should counted.

The Daily Mail needs its editor and other dirtbags like its owner to be severely fined punished etc. The editor behind the fuss should loose their job and Murdoch should be disqualified from owning any media - papers TV or anything else.

10. Jeremy
    IT Angle

Where's the IT angle...

And where's the "Good god I'm sick to the back teeth of this stupid story about stupid people who, shock horror, do stupid things" icon? I demand iconic representation of my feelings!

11. David Simpson

so

the mail got all excited protecting the reputation of a prostitute and caused chaos at the beeb. You'd have thought the beeb would have more spine.

Bet brown and cameroon feel right twats now having rushed to her aid.

12. Laurie
    Thumb Down

Bleurgh!!

...and not the hideously empurpled spam javelin where Russell Brand keeps his brains.

Thanks El Reg. I really needed that image.

13. wayne
    Alert

Dominatrix?

All of the photos have her as being dominated.

Maybe she needs lessons from the Moderatrix.

14. Steen Hive
    Thumb Down

@David Simpson

"You'd have thought the beeb would have more spine."

Not with anything "sexed up", they wouldn't. Even Medusa Thatcher didn't manage to completely nobble auntie, but the feculent Blair did just that.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

I for one ...

welcome our £110 an hour, leather-clad, dominatrix overloads.

Mine's the one next to Max Mosely's

16. Tony Dunlop
    Paris Hilton

awesome

Well done reg... "Hideously empurpled spam javelin" that's got to be the best euphamism for c**k i've ever heard lmfao

17. michael

am I the only person

who dose not know what is going on?

I am seroius I no not have a fing clue who thses pepol are?

is there some sort of abridged back sorty I could read? (prefibley i n a brown envlope)

18. Graham Marsden
    Stop

Tabloid hypocrisy...

So, because two over-paid idiots staged a stupid prank which came back to bite them, the Daily Mail seems to think this woman is now "fair game".

What she and her clients get up to as consenting adults is nobody's business but theirs. She didn't consent to Brand and Ross' s "joke".

The Daily Mail should learn to tell the difference.

There again, in their story of the "gutsy pensioner" who "foiled a raid on a jewellery shop" I'm more interested in how he "causally" caught a bus...!

19. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

MySpace page

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=386093523

20. Steve Evans

Hmmmm....

Which just makes the entire storm in a tea cup fuss seem even more of an over-reaction!

21. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

possibly nsfw

..but at least she knows to floss regularly:

http://salvationgroup.com/satanic/sluts/087c.jpg

In other news, this whole mess at least gets rid of R. "never that funny" Brand. I hope GB makes a load of money from the publicity, too.

The main lesson from all of this (other than the Faily Mail is full of tossers, which we knew), is that the market "reforms" introduced in the beeb in the John Birt era are stupid. The situation is that R. Brand's "production company" made the show, the producer was his employee. If you're working for a partially-shaved simian with a single-digit mental age, and you need to tell him "stop that, you're being a dick now", you're faced with insta-sacking. The poor producer did try and stop it, but due to the weak tie between the BBC body corporate (settle down at the back) and "independants", he didn't really get backup from the nonsense middle managers at the beeb who "manage the relationship".

Essentially, trying to run public service like a business doesn't work. Public service is about getting the most done with the money available, business is about spending the least possible to squeak by, maximising profits. There's a subtle but important distinction there. What's more, when Birt brought in his "market reforms", he massively increased money wasted- as all the independents need to replicate a lot of admin and the like, which is then factored into the programming cost. Both in the BBC and the NHS, these "market reforms" have increased transaction cost on common operations from circa 5% to something in the order of 35% in a lot of cases. Reducing everything to the lowest kneejerk laissez-faire "wisdom of the markets" common denominator provides terrible value and destroys the cohesion of such organisations, filleting them and making it impossible for them to provide proper service. Of course, then, the market geniuses get all excited and yell "look! they're inefficient!" and use this as an excuse to outsource and privatise more. Sigh.

Sorry, wall of text crits you for 10k. You die. In other news, G.B. is rather cute if you like 'em gothic and feral (which I do).

Laughing, in the mechanism.

22. chris
    Thumb Up

Daily Mail gender politics FTW

That's a pretty submissive position for a domanatrix to adopt, no?

Typical of the Daily Mail. Whip-wielding women, know your place!

Hurrah for the blackcorsets!

this is a thumb as well.

23. Thomas Baker
    Thumb Up

lol

"...from readers unable to tell their thumb from their todger."

Those small-dicked Mail readers. Tsk.

Icon: Have you seen this todger?

24. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

"Hideously empurpled spam javelin"

Looked more like a creamsicle to me

25. Solomon Grundy

Scale

Why is the "thumb" so out of scale? Either she is about the size of a 6 year old kid, or some giant has knocked her down and attempting to clean her mouth with his massively oversized thumb.

26. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cor everyone get's their knickers in a twist

just because there is a recession on.

It is the Rockefeller syndrome sweeping the UK, these two iconic entertainment figures must be bought down to wallow in the muck with the rest of us.

I would be happier if we were calling for an end to the BBC, talk about not checking your facts, and I suspect Brand and Ross knew the real story. People just want to have something or someone to hate at the moment, because frankly that is probably all a lot have been feeling the last few weeks.

What is the house repossession rate at the moment, forecast at 45,000 by year end. And most who have mortgaged in the last 5 years or so plummeting into negative equity, a lot were on 100% mortgages as well. Job market looking unstable, yeah people just want to be indignant about something, never mind the facts, they want to hate anything apart from themselves right now. And the knock on is just begining, there is more to come.

27. Glen Turner

Thumb v penis a theme in censorship

The confusion of thumb and penis has a glorious legal history, notably in Mary Whitehouse's private prosecution of Michael Bogdanov, director of the play "The Romans in Britian" for having "procured an act of gross indecency by Peter Sproule with Greg Hicks on the stage of the Olivier Theatre".

To obtain evidence, the prosecution had to witness the "crime". Foolishly, the prosecuting solicitor, Ross-Cornes, saved a few bob by taking a cheap seat at the back. The defence's Hutchinson, in a famous cross examination, asked how Ross-Cornes was sure it was a penis at that distance. Ross-Cornes replied "what else could it be?" Upon which Hutchinson held his thumb to his crotch.

Ross-Cornes was the only witness offered by the prosecution. Kennedy, the prosecution's leading barrister, then withdrew, for reasons he has never revealed but often supposed to be that Whitehouse insisted that he continue but Kennedy (who because of the way the 1956 Sexual Offences Act was written, could have still won) did not wish to obtain a win lacking firm evidence by using clauses designed for the prosecution of rapists rather than theatrical directors.

The attorney-general -- Havers -- then nolle prosequi-ed proceedings. Something he should have done much earlier, such as once the private prosecution proceeded under the Sexual Offences Act rather than convincing the government to launch its own prosecution using the Theatres Act, which was the proper legislation controlling censorship of stage productions.

28. Herby

Halloween even better

Somebody got the day right. Looks like a wonderful costume to me.

Trick or Treat!!

29. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@michael

There is, but it would probably be in English.

30. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

@Glen Turner

Thanks for the "firm evidence". You made me spew all over my monitor.

This topic is closed for new posts.