back to article Can I connect two gadgets to one powerline Ethernet adaptor?

Thanks for your review of the Netgear HDX101 powerline Ethernet adaptor. It's more technical than most I have found so far, but I have a question about it. netgear hdx101 200mbps powerline ethernet adaptor I have two HDX101s and I'm very happy with them. I was wondering if you know whether it's possible to have the following …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

@Gordon

The only way to do this is to connect a hub to the HDX101 and your devices - the PC and Xbox, say - into the hub.

Depending on the availability of power sockets in your home, you'd probably be better off just buying one or two more HDX101s.

Another option is Netgear's XE104, which is a single powerline adaptor that has four Ethernet ports on board. You can read Register Hardware's review of it here:

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/07/16/review_netgear_xeps103/

2. Bryan B

Switch

A switch should work as well as a hub, and it'll be a lot easier than trying to find a 100Mbit/s hub!

3. Taomyn
    Thumb Up

Simple answer......

..... yes, using any ethernet switch

4. Leo Waldock

Or there's Plan B

Or switch to the Netgear XEB1004 which has four Ethernet ports on each adapter

www.netgear.com/Products/PowerlineNetworking/PowerlineEthernetAdapters/XEB1004.aspx

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like