back to article Array with you: Hitachi's Vantara begins rip-and-replace rampage

Hitachi Vantara has updated its VSP all-flash and hybrid storage arrays and their SVOS operating system, and provided AI-based operations tools to make operating them easier. The arrays are divided into all-flash F-series and hybrid flash/disk G-series. The previous F-series used either SSDs, maxing out at 3.84GB or …

1. ManMountain1

"Hitachi Vantara's VSP is one of three classic big iron arrays; the others being Dell EMC's PowerMax, IBM's DS8000 and Infinidat's Infinibox" ... Infinidat is classic big iron??

Reminds me of Blackadder:

Blackadder:

I leapt on the opportunity to test you. I asked if he'd been to one of the great universities: Oxford, Cambridge, Hull. You failed to spot that only two of those are great universities!

Melchett:

That's right! Oxford's a complete dump!

1. El Storage Guy

Let's not forget that Big Iron for many customers means "hide the money because the vendors are coming for it"... If they find no money, then, they will pitch you their "classic" mid-range array.

...And with some magic Power Point tricks, (find/replace), AI is now part of their portfolio.

INFINIDAT Big Iron? We should ask customers... maybe the Gartner Peer Insights can shed light on this and understand why INFINIDAT is taking market share away. A Classic, Maybe Not There yet.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

100% guarantee

How can they claim to guarantee 100% availability? The small print says that when it does fail they will give you some money. That's not the same thing.

1. Nuff Said

Re: 100% guarantee

Isn't that how guarantees work?

No other storage vendor is prepared to do it, AFAIK.

2. StorageInsider

Re: 100% guarantee

"Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me."

- Movie quote from Tommy Boy

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like