back to article Yahoo! prepares to slash jobs this week

Yahoo! is axing jobs as part of a major cost-cutting exercise - it is expected to get rid of at least 1,000 people, the same number that went in January. There is no official announcement yet, but Yahoo! posts quarterly results this Tuesday. The company is looking to cut 15 per cent from budgets, the Wall Street Journal …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Carl Icahn's added value

They put Icahns stooges on the board. IMHO as a shareholder, Icahn is a trojan horse, a man who makes money by driving down the price of a company, buying it cheap, then selling it off to it's competitors for a massive gain for himself. He does not add value, when you let his stooges on the board, it was a bad mistake in my view.

2. A. Lewis
    Dead Vulture

Again!

You have violated the rules of club reg:

All! Stories! About! Yahoo! Must! Exlaim! Every! Word! Of! The! Headline!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

yahoo! in! dumbass! mode!

So... who should have sold to Micro$haft then? i completely didnt see this comming </sarcasm> - the way things have been going in America i would have accepted M$ office so fast there would have been 'pop' as the money appeared in my pocket :D

i think captn Ahab, in charge of yahoo!, is not going to be there much longer... and M$ will get yahoo for a song...

Paris - cos there are clueless Americas everwhere...

4. Aetyr

Re: Again!

I'm glad they don't do the "Exclaim! After! Every! Word!" thing any more. It was funny a few times, but after that it just got annoying for those of us who do actually read things as the punctuation dictates, even when reading in our heads.

I mean, do you know how much longer it takes to read a headline when your mind keeps pausing after each exclamation mark?

On topic though, it makes you wonder if they'd actually have been much better off under MS? Sure, they might have looked a bit more stable and the stockholders might have a few more dollars, but the layoffs of the actual staff who do the work would still have happened as departments merged and Google would still be Grand Emperor of the Intarwebs.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Don't suppose those who are being fired...

....wouldn't exclaim 'Yahoo!'...

Tough luck...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

@AC, Re: yahoo! in! dumbass! mode!

Wow, so much irony. The bad grammar - lack of spelling - resorting to $ in various Microsoft references, and then the dig at Americans being spelled wrong.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like