back to article Google UK honours Queen Liz 2.0

Google UK is today honouring Her Imperial Majestyness Queen Liz 2.0 with a royal "Google doodle" marking the monarch's visit to the search monolith's London offices. The Queen features in Google's logo According to the Beeb, Her Maj and Phil the Greek will shake hands with Google's EMEA prez Nikesh Arora, as well as mixing …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. MGJ
    Pirate

Liz 2.0 of what?

She is not iz 2.0 of anything, except possibly the second Queen of England with that name since Saxon times. She is the first Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to have that name. She should have changed her name to Brenda when she ascended the throne (ctd p94)

2. Chris Hamilton

Queen on a segway?

That would boost her popularity no end.... even the most hardened Norn Irish republican would struggle to hold a back a chuckle.

Gawd bless her!

3. TeeCee Gold badge
    Joke

This will cause problems.

I can see the internal arguments at Google now over whether it's worth compromising the clean home page to add the seal and "By Royal Appointment. Messrs Google, providers of Internet Advertising cruft and Search Facilities" to google.co.uk.

KBEs all round guys!

4. graeme leggett Silver badge
    Coat

will she get a straight answer to the Royal Question

"and what do you do?"

Cos I've been wondering what it is they do.

5. MikeC
    Coat

Greek

After this visit, will the Duke now be known as Phil the Geek?

Mine's the one with the Royal Family Commemorative Umbrella...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Treason!

To the Tower with them, and orf with their googlies! Especially Lester!

7. Alastair Smith
    Thumb Up

Google Doodle?

"Goodle", surely?

8. greenmantle
    Paris Hilton

Video...

This footage of this is a dead cert on 'Mock the week' next season: Phillip "So, is it true that I can search your archives fro my favorite pictures?"

Paris, coz we know what he'll be searching for...

9. Edward Rose

@MGJ

I believe, and I suppose I could check (but I'm assuming this has already been done), that 'Queen of England' is the main title. Anything else is 'also Queen of....'. So, not 'probably' but, IS the second queen of England, short of some previous monarch scrubbing the records of a short reigned queen called Liz.

10. Jonathan Richards

@Edward Rose

> I suppose ... that 'Queen of England' is the main title

The Queen's title in the UK is "Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith".

Source: http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page5658.asp

@MGJ - don't argue, it ain't worth it.

11. jon
    Coat

@Jonathan Richards - she's also Queen of Australia

by virtue of an act of the Australian parliament...

12. Mandi
    Gates Halo

dont forget!

And Queen of Canada as well :p

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like