back to article EEk! Mobe network's customer services down for more than 24 hours

Mobile network EE has had a poor start to 2018 – their customer service data centre has been down since yesterday. According to the company, their engineers have identified and are working to solve the problem, but have yet to fix it by the time of writing. The server in question deals with the online "MyEE" webpages, customer …

1. mbdrake

The EE website has been appalling for many years. They still haven't gotten around to fixing the "Too Many Redirects" issue resulting from an expired/dormant account being associated with a new account (reported many times without seeing any form of fix - looks to be a server related issue triggered by their web application). Plus the site itself, when it's active, is often slow to the point of being unusable. Plus many "Sorry! There's been a problem" with the iOS app, forcing log out and logging in again.

1. Jeffrey Nonken

"Plus many "Sorry! There's been a problem" with the iOS app, forcing log out and logging in again."

But... But... That's a Windows solution!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Alt contact...

Anyone tried to reach out to Kevin Bacon?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Alt contact...

Not since Hollow Man, that was crap.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Anyone tried to reach out to Kevin Bacon?

I tried, but >6 redirects.

1. Andy629

Re: Anyone tried to reach out to Kevin Bacon?

Subtle. Have an upvote

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who cares

I live in SE Asia, doesn't affect me. Bloody Yanks, thinking only of themselves. F... off

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Who cares

Clearly your new years resolution to stay off the drugs didn't go to plan.

2. Jeffrey Nonken

Pot, kettle.

Also, thinking of yourself is not necessarily the same as thinking ONLY of yourself.

Also, EE is in England. I'd never heard of them until I started reading El Reg. Don't know what us Yanks have to do with this.

I like reading El Reg. It gives me a view into another culture. ...Thinking only of myself, of course.

1. myithingwontcharge

@Jeffrey Nonken

EE are in a bit more than just England. They cover the whole of the UK!

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

NYE doesn't mean what you think it means.

4. Adam 1

"thinking only of themselves" + "doesn't affect me" = humorous irony

But keep calm folks. At least s/he didn't mix up affect/effect.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"What do you mean you've killed my service? I paid online!"

Oh, you say your website was wonky & has no record of my payment? That's too bad for you. I've paid, here's my credit card charge as proof, so turn my service back on or I'll sue.

Don't you just love "he said, she said" situations?

A simple photoshop of your previous bill to make it look like the current bill & suddenly they'll spend months chasing their tail trying to figure out where the money went. Meanwhile you get to shaft them for the new year!

Ok ok, I know that's wrong & might land me in the poke, but it's better than resorting to physical violence against their CEO, right?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

MyEE is crap and has been for ages, constnatly getting errors, very slow to load. it is in urgent need of a proper overhaul with actual servers that don't bog down

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"The Register has contacted EE for comment"

And how exactly did you do that?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "The Register has contacted EE for comment"

I think it was Irony.

I'm waiting for the lack of communication in a communications company is shocking. I used to work in telecoms and you would be surprised how many people thought they were being original with that one.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

EE support down?

Think of the improvement that means

8. ukgnome

<Smug Mode Activated>

I never thought i'd say this, but since I switched from EE to Vodafone I have had no problems whatsoever.

1. DJV Silver badge

Re: <Smug Mode Activated>

You're lucky - I went the other way after Vodafone fucked several things up royally!

So, is there actually a decent mobile phone company in the UK or are they all as crap as each other?

1. Inventor of the Marmite Laser Silver badge

@DJV. I can offer a fully supported pair of bean cans and a length of string

1. Tempest 3K

Soak the string in water and you'll probably get a better connection than a BT line.... http://www.revk.uk/2017/12/its-official-adsl-works-over-wet-string.html

9. Barry Rueger

Why, oh why?

To all wireless providers: providing actual quality customer service is unlikely to be much more costly than treating clients like crap.

In fact it's probably cheaper than burning mega-bucks on marketing to capture competitors' clients when they become available during "churn."

10. myithingwontcharge
    FAIL

So the revelation here is that EE seem to believe they had customer service to start with. I work for a radio station and our EE text number stopped working. After several days of banging our heads against a brick wall of 150, it only got resolved because a director spoke to their press office.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like