back to article Will you be on Cloud9? AWS emits cloudy code editor it nabbed last year

Amid its torrent of product announcements tied to its re:Invent conference, Amazon Web Services on Thursday introduced AWS Cloud9, a browser-based code editor with AWS integration. Without the AWS prefix, Cloud9 can be had as open source software and on Google Cloud Platform. AWS acquired the company Cloud9 in July, 2016 and …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Coat

"there's now Alexa for Business"

Yeay for that.

The perfect end for a bad week.

TBH I've been underwhelmed by (allegedly) language aware editors for years.

Javascript based and "Cloud" (or to give it a more meaningful description "anonymous server farms in unknown jurisdictions") based as well. My f**king my, be still my beating heart.

Counting the hours to "Beer O'Clock"

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Corporate locked-down environment

I wonder if this will help me get around the locked-down nature of my corporate IT environment and infrastructure, where it can take months to get access to the most basic of external web-based resource? And if it does, is that a good or a bad thing? Good for productivity, bad for security...?

4. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

And on an unrelated note, AWS launched Amazon Time Sync Service, which provides a way to synchronize clocks over Network Time Protocol using "a fleet of redundant satellite-connected and atomic clocks" at no extra charge.

You make that sound like something new? Does it mean that previously they didn't have their servers set to the correct time?

Ands finally, really finally, there's now Alexa for Business so you can bung one of Amazon's voice-controlled assistants in an office and make it do biz-related tasks.

(Shouts) Alexa format the C drive.

5. trevorde Silver badge

Alexa for Business

Alexa! Make a fart sound!

Try it - this one actually works!!

6. DagD

ramp up the tcp/22 port scans.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like