back to article Artist to smoke Cobain's ashes

An artist claims to have made a spliff containing the remains of raspy blond grunge genius pin-up martyr Kurt Cobain. The Graunida coughs that Aussie-born Natascha Stellmach, currently exhibiting at Berlin's Galerie Wagner + Partner, plans to sneak the fat one into a secret location in the city and have a good old toke as the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul
    Thumb Up

Sub editing

Sarah, good to see you are starting to write like a proper reg hack :o)

Two points though: the correct form of address for my favorite crossword publisher is the Grauniad (not Graunida).

Also, it's "colombian marching powder", although I quite like "coloumbian naughty powder".

Otherwise excellent :o)

2. Steve
    IT Angle

Photo's

http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2008/10/kurt-cobain-ashes-smoked-art-exhibit-natacsha-stellmac/

3. David Simpson
    Heart

good luck!

Is this artist aware that cremated human remains are highly toxic ? I hope the massive amount of lung damage kills him so some other attention grabbing artist can smoke the remains and keep this thing going.

Maybe we'll be free of talentless attention grabbing artists within a few years.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

self-righteous?

" from all the nasty media brouhaha he sought to escape" .... which in death one hopes would finally stop, but no, some 'artist' seeks to completely ignore any of what Kurt Cobain suggested or stood for, in a self-promotional stunt.

Also how is smoking a spliff art? Or the finale to an exhibition. Maybe this muppet should submit something for the turner prize.

Art is right up there with fashion for being mostly sycophantic nonsense.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I've got some too!

They "came to me" when I overcooked some chicken.

Do human ashes actually give off any gasses when heated in this way? That is, can they actually be smoked at all?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Has anyone seen....

How High? (probably not on here!)

Smoking someones ashes makes you see their ghost. It works, whatch the film!

7. Cameron Colley

Choking on the ashes of...

...celebrities.

8. Law
    Thumb Up

hang on a darned minute here Bee!!

"not-untalented"

Are you saying you actually like her... a skinny drug-guzzling alchy musician (who isn't named winehouse)?!

I quite like Courtney's music really - although she was alot better in Hole than her solo stuff (mono was good tho) - my fave song from Hole, Malibu off Celeb Skin.... best song on the album in my opinion... but my opinion is of little worth to anybody but myself... so I shall leave you in peace now.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

@Paul

Bolivian Marching Powder I think.

10. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Jim the Boss, I forgive you

for the all caps. You're obviously High on Hendrix (tm).

11. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Smoking Cobain ash spliff is...

...the dopiest idea I've heard of this week.

12. Matt

Jim the toss. er.

Did we figure out if Jim the Boss was:

a. an idiot

b. a troll

c. a cheap imitation of aManfromMars

d. a sad sap with an overinflated sense of impotance

e. all of the above

?

BTW Good work Sarah!

13. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Jim the toss. er.

Thanks, Matt.

Jim is a laugh some of the time. I don't let all his stuff through because it makes my eyes bleed but y'know, there's a place for everything.

14. H2Nick

Keith Richards : been there, done that

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/07/keith-richards-flip-flops-on-key-issue/

15. Solomon Grundy

@Jim the toss. er.

I really don't understand what that guy is trying to accomplish/prove most of the time but his website is pretty funny. (http://www.jimisboss.com) if you can deal with the ALL CPAS and SATUPID SPLELING.

(Jim actually makes more sense that aManFromMars because he's a real person (I think). AMFM is mostly an experiment in AI (but there is a real person behind it all who occasionally says something significant))

16. Disco-Legend-Zeke
    Paris Hilton

alternative

Being old geezers, my buddy lui and myself have been discussing what to do with all the leftover biomass when out brains check out.

Our decision, buy a tree farm, and plant a tree on top of our un-enbalmed bodies.

If this process is begun swiftly enough, the life force, carried on by our Sagans (1 Sagan=billions and billions) of internal bacteria, will continue into the tree.

On the other hand... if Paris wants to snort a line of disco legend......

17. Solomon Grundy

JIM and aManFromMars

I forgot to mention it, but I think that JIM and aManFromMars actually communicate via comment boards like here on El Reg.

I'm not sure who is driving the conversations but they're out there... Fucking weird.

18. Andy ORourke
    Happy

Do I remember.......

Didnt Keith Richards smoke the ashes of his dad or snort them or something?

19. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

I feel bad for Jim

There are people who pretend to be disabled (complete with crutches, etc) and hold up signs in order to get money on the side of the road at off ramps in major cities.

...but they make more money trolling than Jim does and they don't even have to try to forcefully spell bad on their attention-getters.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

But but

A man from mars has a certain predictability. If a man from mars is an AI bot then what is Webster phreaky

21. Matt
    Thumb Up

@WHAT IS MATT

Touché, Jim, touché.

Well played sir ;-)

22. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Ahh, the good old days...

...I remember upsetting an acquaintance who (as I found out after) was a huge Cobain fan, with the following joke:

Q: What's red and white, and has more brains than Curt Cobain?

A: His wall.

Mine's the one from before rock was dead.

23. steve-C
    Paris Hilton

Never mind the spellink flaims!

Smoking: The act of inhaling the gaseous products of combustion.

Ash:substance which remains after combustion.

Is anyone else seeing a problem here?

Tried lighting up the contents of your ashtray recently? Tried emptying the ash pan from your open fire back into the grate and re-lighting it?

(never mind that the ash in this case was produced at several thousand degrees, and will be "smoked" at a coupe of hundred.

When I take oever, it's up against the wall for anyone with a lower IQ than a poodle.

Paris: because according to this page from Wikipedia dated 2053, that's fallen into a web 6.0 timewarp......

24. Marvin the Martian
    Stop

@ <There's a place for everything>

True, but that place is usually accepted to be College.

25. Daniel B.
    Coat

Smells like...

Never mind the idea of smoking someone's ashes ... but do those remains smell like Teen Spirit???

This topic is closed for new posts.