back to article AI is worth learning and not too tricky – if you can get your head around key frameworks

The hype around AI promises interesting work and fat paychecks, so no wonder everyone wants in. But the scarcity in talent means that researchers, engineers and developers are looking for ways to pick up new skills to get ahead. The best framework to get stuck into if you want to be employable in AI is probably TensorFlow, …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Awesome article

Now, do you think the wife could teach it too cook?

Also can it learn from online videos? I need it to learn to clean, I've bookmarked all my favourite videos,

2. jake Silver badge

"The hype around AI promises interesting work and fat paychecks, so no wonder everyone wants in."

I got a degree while at SAIL. It is and was a boring subject. It never made me a dime. I don't want back in.

1. JetSetJim

Presumably this was a while ago. Nowadays AI & ML is all very trendy, with lots of conference speakers foaming at the mouth with these buzzwords, typically including "big data" & "deep learning". A quick search on Monster shows the first job in the region of £70k-120k for a data scientist. Not too shabby.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Its not fucking AI - its machine leaning and rules!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

There are no rules in sight.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Keras

Don't bother with TensorFlow directly unless you like inflicting pain on yourself or really know what you're doing. Keras is a much more expressive API over it and a couple of other common ML frameworks. You'll have a far more pleasant experience as a newbie, as you'll only have to learn the deep learning concepts and not the quirks of the library.

5. Jason Bloomberg Silver badge
    Go

Yay!

As soon as I figure out how to integrate DevOps with AI, IoT and The Cloud I am going to be rolling in the money. Well; once I start running conferences promoting that as the Next Big Thing (TM).

6. Valerion

TensorFlow

Sorry, this sounds like a sanitary towel and as such I was unable to take the rest of the article seriously.

7. trollied

Meh

It does make me laugh that crap devs can write 4 lines of R, then all of a sudden they are a "Data Scientist".

8. WibbleMe

The whole point of AI is that the AI makes the framework, the coding and then your job.

9. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Don't be a Fools' Tool for Fooling Again and Again

Some AI is mind-blowing and more than just tricky to fully better understand and employ for remote command of virtual controls.

Do you doubt that we are in a new era, with Myriad APT ACTive Areas of such Sublime Control?

Do you need to see proof in order to believe and accept the proposition as being real and currently running deep in as many vital systems as it has been necessary for exercise of demonstrations?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Don't be a Fools' Tool for Fooling Again and Again

Some lost of us mortals would say "y", but one needs no proof. IT BE, believe or not, or suppose'm both (-;

Need is not killing, no, much more - it's holding one from being switched on and connected.

10. steviebuk Silver badge

Lets all put everyone out of work

That's what AI will do.

1. jackharbringer
      Devil

Re: Lets all put everyone out of work

Just like when dem mekanikal buggies comed along in git everyone out of work! Dag gummit! Not to mention when dem kompuuters put e'vryone out of work!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon