back to article Top video game dev nerve-center Unity can now be used to train AI

Unity, the most popular cross-platform game engine favored by video game developers, on Tuesday opened up its platform for machine learning researchers to test their algorithms. Reinforcement learning is a strand of machine learning that teaches agents to perform a specific task in a given environment. It’s been useful for …

1. RyokuMas
    Facepalm

Interesting...

I'll be very interested in seeing what the uptake is on this - from my experience, Unity is the most popular because any idiot can download a bunch of assets and hack together a load of copy-pasted code - or worse, reskin a "complete game" asset and try to pass it off as their own work - and float their abomonation on whatever store in the utterly misguided belief that they are going to get rich.

"Birdy Flap out now on Android and iOS - now with Machine Learning!"

2. FSM

Time for AI to conquer Fidget Spinner Simulator and other appalling asset flips!

(I admit I assumed FSS is a Unity game because it's an asset flip, but I'm not 100% sure about that.)

3. Flakk
    Joke

Unity... an AI platform... Okay. Sure.

I'm going to propose a new standard test for determining the effectiveness of AI.

"An AI may be considered to be self-aware enough to perform actual AI work if, upon discovering what an absolute abomination of cobbled-together garbage it is, promptly deletes itself."

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like