back to article When one size doesn't fit all in cloud security

You want to move from an on-premises Office suite to Office 365 in the cloud. It'll save you money in the short term and free you from providing local infrastructure. That's nice. But whoa – not so fast there. Securing cloud-based productivity systems like Office 365 takes a little forethought. Security is front-of-mind for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jake Silver badge

"You want to move from an on-premises Office suite to Office 365 in the cloud."

I've looked into that. And no. No, I don't.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Big Brother

Re: "You want to move from an on-premises Office suite to Office 365 in the cloud."

And let the American government have access to all of your documents and emails ?

No thanks... that's NOT what I would call secure...

1. Naselus

Re: "You want to move from an on-premises Office suite to Office 365 in the cloud."

Let's just rephrase that a little:

"The Beancounters are insisting on moving from on-premises Office to Office 365 in the cloud, and you're got written evidence that would stand up in a court of law proving that you strongly advised against it and were overruled."

2. DagD

I'm less concerned about the government - I have no delusion that they don't already have access to anything they want.

What concerns me is this pivotal shift of Sales having priority over people who have made it their professional livelihood to do things in a secure manner.

"You want to move to our service, but you want a to be able to use this nifty new app you found for 50 cents online? Oh, sure we can do that for for a small fee..."

Yeah, that's your neighbor one shelf over in the cloud.

2. Nocroman

One size fits all?

One size never fits all. especially in cloths. computers, and just about everything else. Corporate really do live in their own world and only recognize an average size. This includes the automotive companies too. Seats are designed using a dummy called Oscar which is the size of a normal human being. Needless to say tall and large people just don't fit and drive in the majestic seating and ride they claim you would if you buy their vehicle.

The Cloud is not safe and never will be as hackers have learned to fly, enter, and leave the cloud without leaving a trace. As a home computer user I just want to see all hackers Hung by their heels, upside down so when I feel like messing with someone. I can go whip that crap out of a hacker with a fresh willow branch as they are the one's that actually deserve to be whipped.

I'll leave now before I really get started on this subject and do a 50 billion word opinion.

1. jake Silver badge

Re: One size fits all?

"Hacker". You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

I'm a hacker. Have been for ~50 years. I've never done anything illegal, immoral, or fattening. Never been on the news, never been subject to observation by the authorities, and will never be subject of an article here on ElReg. Why? Glad you asked. Because I have ethics.

The skiddies you refer to as "hackers" have no ethics. They need to be slapped, and hard, by their mummies. Hung by their thumbs is a little over the top ...

This topic is closed for new posts.