back to article JP Morgan's iPhone Nano report is rubbish

Yesterday's report from JP Morgan that Apple is building some sort of slimline iPhone? It's been discredited. By JP Morgan. On Monday, Reuters leaked news of a JP Morgan report that trumpeted the imminent arrival of a smaller, cheaper version of Apple's new-age smarphone. Kevin Chang, a JP Morgan analyst based in Taiwan, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TBushmaker

Nano iPhone on Letterman

David Letterman had a nano iPhone on his late nite show (USA).

It looked like a picture of a miniaturized picture of an iPhone printed on a piece of Chiclets gum.

2. Tom Peach

That's right

That's right Reg, just keep publishing unsubstantiated crap as long as it's vaguely iPhone related.

Or, even better, publish a story that the unsubstantiated crap you published was, in fact, unsubstantiated crap (as long as it's vaguely iPhone related)

Why not add a section?

Hardware, Software, Music & Media, iPhone, Comms, Security...........

There are over 12 iPhone articles in the mobile section, and most of the others reference the iPhone.

I think I am developing iPhobia...........

3. Dam

I've got an idea

How about... you STFU about the iPhone already, for all of us people who don't *care* about it and only use their phone to *talk to people* ?

Not a day passes w/o a stupid iPhone article.

Fancy resuming with worthy news instead?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And the iPhone articles all have iPhone in the title or description

So don't read them if you don't want to!

Or do you need a nanny to make sure you don't read the things that may upset you?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bit harsh on the Chang lad

They were a bit harsh on the lad - after all, he was probably right.

Apple will bring out an i-Phone Nano - it is just the when part which is debatable.

6. Adrian Jones

iPone stories aren't that interesting

But the frothing comments that they generate are even more fun than one gets baiting Mac fanboys.

Keep it up El Reg!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

iPhone

Just to get this straight. The majority of people in the world use a Phone. It has no need of a stupid "i" at the front that isn't capitalised (no idea what that is supposed to mean). It allows you to talk to people. I don't want to view any silly DRMd film on my phone. After all the screen is all of how big exactly ? so within a few years opticians are going to be very busy with lots of people with eye problems.

Next time Apple come leaking some of their sponsored hype just leave it where its best left.

8. Sean Aaron

Why don't you STFU?

I cannot understand why someone who claims not to be interested in the iPhone seems compelled to comment on every article about it. Seems completely idiotic to me.

How about an article on the lack of intelligence exhibited in editorial response to the Register regarding the iPhone?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Purile

I liked this comments thing when it first started but now it just seems to be attracting a more and more childish set of users.

Comments so far:

"The majority of people in the world use a Phone." Bollocks they do. It's ironic that the poster then goes on to bitch about Phone / iPhone, as the word is telephone, abbreviated to 'phone. The capital is only relevant if it's the first word in the sentance. And who gives a shit what you do and don't want, there's market for it or it wouldn't have sold.

"I've got an idea" But not a clue. Why do you go to all the effort to click on and then post comments on an article you don't want to read?

"keep publishing unsubstantiated crap" I think you'll find that they provide links.

10. Dam

Re: Why don't you STFU?

"I cannot understand why someone who claims not to be interested in the iPhone seems compelled to comment on every article about it. Seems completely idiotic to me."

Claiming that I comment on "every article about it" shows that:

1/ You have an exaggeration problem.

2/ You've got time to lose if you scrolled all the articles' comments.

3/ You've not spent that time well, since your results are erroneous.

4/ You invent stuff to make your point valid and fail at it.

5/ You're a retard.

Bye now.

11. Chulang

it is to happen

in order for apple to compete it has to bring out an Iphone that is budget price (us $120 -299). the big problem with Iphone is that it's only on AT&T network. An unlock version will sell. Now there is a reason for that. The technology is too high. According to market theory , it's a new product of it's types and the 'Idealer' buy it first. It does not run applications such as an office suite or productivity software and apple will try to keep it's os close. AS i had said in an article earlier , i hope it's not like the apple pda, a great product but not market.

PS the thing that propaganda material do , especially in the us is to tell people what they think they want. for example the x box and the ps3, they are selling poor now . because after the idealer get the product, word of month determain weather the Achievers will buy the product. these person depend on opinion leader and the experience of idealers to determain if to buy the product.

already being available on one cell carrier is a big negative for the iphone

12. Tom Peach

RE: Purile

"I think you'll find that they provide links."

It was a bad source, I'm sure speculation about anything other than the iPhone wouldn't have warranted an article.

I'd rather the Register journalists invested their time in bringing us news, not regurgitating iCrap.

13. ~

Precisely

I really enjoyed the post two up from this. It is precisely a big negative that the iPhone is already available on one carrier.

Sure they sold a million phones already in the US, but imagine they'd done so before they were available on one carrier. What a spectacular coup that would be. Opportunity missed, Apple.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So...

... hang on... the current iPhone has a hard drive?

15. Martin Benson

Do we need the slanging match?

Don't see much point in moderation if people can still end up in slanging matches.

So far, we've had one person call another a "retard" in response to a suggestion that his behaviour was idiotic....

Look - if you have a useful or entertaining comment, make it. If you don't like stories about iPhones, don't read them.

But surely you all must have better things to do that throw childish insults at each other, or make pointless posts which don't move things on?

(And that probably applies to me too. But I felt a small protest at the slanging match was in order.)

16. Tim Porter

Spot on to report this

Now I can understand people being sick of another iPhone story, but this one was necessary to qualify an earlier story.

Whether the orginal story should have been updated or a new one was warranted is another matter - but it was only fair and proper that this be covered... especially as it's good example of that it's normally best to view analyst's opinion with a good deal of caution.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You know, I've learned something today

If you take a fair number of the slanging match posts above, and then substitute the author's names for those of the main South Park characters, it begins to look rather like the script for a whole new episode. It just lacks the phrase "totally gay". Adding "fat ass" after the STFU would help too.

18. Dam

Re: You know...

Ah, well I'm no South Park fan, but I'll try to improve that point.

19. Dan

I'm not interested in iPhones either

but I do get lots of amusement from seeing people get wound up like this.

20. John A Blackley

Verrrry interesting

Y'know, I don't own an i-anything and am not interested in doing so. Not particularly interested in the technological or marketing gee-whizzes of the i-company either.

However, I do find these threads compelling reading and now I'm trying to work out whether it's compensation for not watching soap operas or analagous to watching monkeys flinging s*** at each other.

Thoroughly enjoyable anyway. Keep it up.

21. Charlie Thompson

Chang has made an *unreasonable* extrapolation

Chang and his superiors should be *fired* for making such

extrapolatory leaps regarding Apple's product plans based

upon patent filings. As a holder of 13 patents and with 29

years of high tech experience I would *never* make any

conclusions about product plans based upon patent filings.

We technologists patent things all the time that are sometimes

used to exclude competitors rather than protect products

in the pipe.

Shame on J.P. Morgan for letting this junk report out.

What other *bad* advice is J.P. Morgan providing?

-CT

22. Jeremiah Steidl

iPhone comments

I agree with a few of the posters above. I just skip the iPhone articles themselves, and move straight into the comments. It's more fun than I used to have reading the flame wars in IRC channels.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like