back to article Liverpool Victoria blows £2m to become LV=

The Strategy Boutiques have evidently been busy down at Liverpool Victoria, the UK's biggest friendly society, which has spunked £2m in triumphantly transforming itself into LV=. That new Liverpool Victoria logo: LV= The redefined brand frontage "draws on our heritage and our new look aims to present us in a more modern and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matthew

Hhhmmmm

Is it just me or is it pronounced "love"? That's certainly what the logo resembles.

2. timothy pagden

Love

Yep, that's the whole point - it's meant to be subliminal - even though it's as transparent a piece of logo hyping as I have ever seen. Can't wait for Fujitsu to merge with Calvin Klein for a range of internet-enabled underpants!

3. John Colby

Learning from mistakes

Is no-one going to learn from Consignia?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Certainly trips-up the tongue

Cool.

A fine example of blue-sky, out-of-the-box thinking where middle managers have imagineered a paradigm which highlights the synergies and enhances the scope of the forward-trained, goal-orientated view of the customer mindscape.

"Ya Gerald, let's drop it in our thinktank and see what floats.."

It reminds me of the old Commodore chicken-head logo.

Just what are you supposed to say to the cabbie to get you there?

I want to go to.....

Luvee, Lavee, Elvee ?

Maybe it's a geeky "emoticon" that you have to look at upside-down and back to front.

I give it no more than 12 months

5. Al

Domain

I notice that they have registered 'lvequals.com' ... I can't imagine anyone will call it that. I guess that the £2mill to stick an '=' on the end of the name is less than the guy wanted to sell up 'lv.com'

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Get Fresh!

It looks as if it has stepped out of the late 1980s, from the dawn of desktop publishing. The old NME logo, the Bitmap Brothers, Toxic magazine etc.

I expect the group will rebrand itself as Liverpool Victoria '87: The Crucial Connection.

The organisation will adopt Neneh Cherry as its spokeswoman. Perhaps there is a role for Gaz Top. Or Wendy James. Hopefully Wendy James.

Why can't The Register run more stories about Wendy James? Make it so.

7. Jolyon

Elvis

Although the lawyers will squish that.

So you can do an 'Elvis has left the building society' headline.

8. Lee Staniforth

Memorable...

>Is no-one going to learn from Consignia?

Who?

<satire>

9. Guy

How much!

With the Liverpool being a friendly society i wonder what their members think to the rebrand and the sum spent on it?

10. Wayne Taylor

Correct pronounciation

Here in Australia, LV= would be pronounced 'c*nts'

11. Geoff Magnay

An old name re-lived.

Looks more like Luncheon Vouchers, there was (maybe still is?) a system where employers gave away a voucher for staff to buy their lunch. There was an LV logo on all the cafes and sandwich shops where you could use the vouchers.

Am I the only person to recall this?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Louis Vuitton?

Here in the colonies, at least, "LV" or "el-vee" is popular shorthand for Louis Vuitton. I've seen that used in China as well, though I'm not sure it was always in connection with the genuine article.

This topic is closed for new posts.