back to article Linus Torvalds stops personally signing Linux kernel RC tarballs

Linus Torvalds might just be a big softie after all. The Linux Lord, infamous for his occasional foul-mouthed criticism of those who don't meet his standards, has just popped out release candidate one for Linux 4.12 a day early so he could give his undivided attention to Mother's Day. “So I'm doing this one day early, because …

1. elDog

Linus has a mother? Must be one of all inventions

In any case, here's to yer mother. As far as Linux goes, it has lots of sires and probably only the mothership that Linus devised many years ago.

I was going to say something about CPM, BSD, Solaris, PC-Unix; but his mother deserves the credit for this child.

1. Voland's right hand Silver badge

Re: Linus has a mother? Must be one of all inventions

he is also married to one - the one of his children.

I would rate your chances of survival if she decides she is insulted by your post at ~ 0.5%. Look her up.

1. sisk

I've not ever bothered looking her up - honestly I don't care about the man's personal life and likely never will unless by some unlikely fluke of fate he someday ends up in my circle of friends - but I can just imagine the type of woman who could handle Linus in all his ill tempered, foul mouthed, genius glory would not be the type of woman you'd want to cross.

1. Gerhard Mack

She is a Karate champion.

2. decoherence
    Pint

Here's to Linus Torvald's mother!

3. LaeMing

He is also married to a mother.

4. Red Bren
    Trollface

Has Linus invented time travel?

Mother's day was back in March...

1. Voland's right hand Silver badge

Re: Has Linus invented time travel?

Different countries celebrate it on different dates. This goes back to the cold war when the west and east decided to disagree on using the 8th of March.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Has Linus invented time travel?

I thought it was because us Brits mis-appropriated the religous day Mothering Sunday, to be Mother's Day, while most of the rest of the world has a separate day.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like