back to article Nvidia's profits so far this year are GPU-ge

Graphics chip and ARM systems-on-chips hardware slinger Nvidia says its gaming, datacenter, and automotive groups were to thank for a quarter that saw its profits more than double. The GeForce and Tegra chipmaker reported, for the three months to April 30 aka its first quarter of fiscal 2018 [PDF]: Revenues of $1.94bn were …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Very odd / interesting activity on ebay regards the GPU cards...

In the UK, it almost feels like a Ponzi scheme, when you look at the historical bids regarding popular Graphics AMD R9 280X, GTX970,980,1060,1070 & Titan cards on ebay. Every single sale has at least one bidder that quietly ups the price, but has a history of only ever bidding for GPU cards. They also never seem to get feedback for the sales they do win. There seems to be a whole market of "Companies?" buying up/bidding up second hand cards - to keep the new card market afloat?

Seems so.

P.S. Applies to Apple products too.

Just a curious observation but I like little details, I call them fulcrums, that are seeminlgly harmless, yet have huge consequences.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Very odd / interesting activity on ebay regards the GPU cards...

I think you're being paranoid, it's just Ebay and typical bidding, hate to be the popper of a good conspiracy theory.

1. Moosh

Its most likely just an alt account of the seller, who's looking to drive up price.

2. royprime

No, I've sold a good few Nvidia cards on ebay 1060 / 1070 especially and can safely say they go everywhere. Especially since the £ has had a beating I've even sold one back to China. That's how ebay works though, some people bid early trying to get a bargain everyone else leaves it to the last second.

3. fobobob

Shill bidders on eBay ?! Color me shocked!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like