back to article AT&T CEO clambers up Trump's tower, explains why he should shower gold for Time Warner

AT&T boss Randall Stephenson has been spotted at Trump Tower in New York City – reportedly in an effort to sell the president-elect on his company's plan to buy Time Warner. The CEO was seen entering the Trump headquarters on Thursday for a meeting with The Donald. Reuters cites sources familiar in reporting that the meetup …

1. Youngone Silver badge

Not sure

Does anyone really know what The Donald is actually for or against?

I know he said he's against this merger, but will he really try to block it?

I don't mean that as any sort of dig at The Donald, it seems to me that Senators and Congress people are for or against the things that benefit themselves, not what is best for the market (if one even exists anymore).

Probably business as usual.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

Re: Not sure

Nobody knows.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Not sure

Maybe he thinks he can get some sort of concession from TW that CNN will fire reporters/editors he thinks are "unfair" to him.

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Windows

The only reason for mergers

Embiggening the Golden Parachute and screwing (not-partial-to-inside-info) shareholders.

It also means we are the bubble top.

3. Chris G

Question

Can you get a billion dollars in a brown envelope?

1. James O'Shea

Re: Question

I'm given to understand that the Mango Mussolini prefers golden liquids to brown solids.

4. Dr_N
    Gimp

"Shower Gold" ?

Bad El Reg, Naughty El Reg !

5. Graham Cunningham

But why picture Trump Hotel on Central Park West rather than Trump Tower on 5th Ave, a few blocks away? Laziness? Or because it is across the road from Time Warner Center?

1. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Maybe

because Trump uses hotels in order to avoid soiling his own nest.

6. SeanC4S

FAKE NEWS, RED HERRING!

That's the automated response you would get from a T supporter. I would postulate low connectivity between different regions in T's brain giving rise to an Orange Herring effect, where he even fools himself into believing nonsense.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like