back to article Google Cloud unlocks key achievement

Google on Wednesday introduced its Cloud Key Management Service in beta to help Google Cloud Platform customers deal with their encryption keys. "Cloud KMS offers a cloud-based root of trust that you can monitor and audit," said product manager Maya Kaczorowski in a blog post. "As an alternative to custom-built or ad-hoc key …

1. JustNiz

Give all your keys to us, we're google you can trust us honest. we wont abuse it to spy on you. Much.

http://www.businessinsider.com/google-could-be-helping-the-government-spy-2012-5

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nathan-newman/why-googles-spying-on-use_b_3530296.html

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/google-fishing-satellite-tracking/2016/09/15/id/748549/

1. Daggerchild Silver badge

*scratches head*

Google may indeed be evil, but ...

Link 1: "Google could be evil if they wanted to be."

Link 2: "If Google are being evil it could be very bad"

Link 3: "Watch fishing boats from space"

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: *scratches head*

Are you scratching your head wondering why the gunman has yet to pull the trigger? Don't worry so much, he will. Of course what is the analogy for Google sharing all your info to the gmen without it ever being known?

There is a movie named "Spies Like Us". That should be remade with Google's apparent business ethics as its plot. They wouldn't even have to change the title, because spies like Google.

1. Daggerchild Silver badge

Re: *scratches head*

Yeah but, it's all hyperbolic brainspam. I can't digest hyperbolic brainspam. I need meat!

2. Milton

No. Just ... No.

Is there a technically literate human being left on the planet who does not understand this simple fact: if YOU do not have absolute control of the KEY, YOUR data is NOT secure?

Which part of that is difficult to comprehend?

Sorry to go CAPS on this like YouTube tard, but it's frustrating to see this idiocy continuing ...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: No. Just ... No.

"Is there a technically literate human being left on the planet who does not understand this simple fact: if YOU do not have absolute control of the KEY, YOUR data is NOT secure?"

Frustrating innit. They even gave it the same name as that thing we all have used to secure your front door and ensure only those possessing a copy of the key can get inside (yeah OK I know.... but we could draw parallels all day about lock tampering, knobbled crypto, poor implementations etc). The point is the very apparent analogue.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's a huge US corporation that make their living by selling data. Why would anybody sane give them their encryption keys? I just don't get it.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It's a huge US corporation that make their living by selling data. Why would anybody sane give them their encryption keys? I just don't get it.

As Brexit and Trump have amply demonstrated, marketing trumps (sorry) sound reasoning every time :(

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like