back to article Cambridge Wireless picked for UK.gov's 'Help the IoT' drive

Networking folk Cambridge Wireless (CW) have been picked to deliver the Cambridge arm of IoTUK Boost, a government plan to pour taxpayers’ cash into Internet of Things startups. The scheme focuses on entrepreneurs and SMEs using low power, wide area networks (LPWANs) for connecting remote IoT sensors. Cambridge itself already …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Security

I note that there is no mention of making sure that there is high security being built into the devices especially considering where they are to be deployed.

This should be the first thing thought about.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Security

You hit the nail on the head!

I was reading along, enjoying myself, expecting to see "Yes, we will make secure IoT a priority, and have a licensed testing board, like the UL for power in the US, and make these devices secure and usefull. A win for all!" and never got there.

oh well, more bots for me... I mean; those "Nasty Hackers™!"

2. Chris G

Can I have the money now?

Primary prevention of ill health in older people using IoT?

Apply a smart tatoo of a rose to all 30 year olds, as they get closer to fifty it will turn darker and eventually black at fifty. Whereupon it will broadcast a 'kill me' signal to the farty police, at the same time it will pipe 24/7 noe direction music interspersed with Justin Bebe directly to the aural centre of the brain, if the farty police don't get them they will commit suicide soon enough.

No old people, no ill health in them.

I'm 65 but I don't live in the UK let alone Cambridge.

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Re: Can I have the money now?

You've been watching Logan's Run recently, haven't you.

3. Scott Broukell
    Meh

'Help the IoT' drive

Please can you Drive the IoT over the edge of a very, very, very tall cliff, thank you. (Optionally with the added benefit of a very, very, very large anvil).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 'Help the IoT' drive

Beep! Beep!

2. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Re: 'Help the IoT' drive

Look out! Cliff!

4. inmypjs Silver badge

"plan to pour taxpayers"

I think you misspelt piss away..

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon