back to article US reclaims world hotdog scoffing crown

US forces in Iraq can today console themselves that if all is not going exactly according to plan in that sun-kissed land astride the Tigris, the Land of the Free has at least reestablished world domination where it really counts - in the sport of stuffing your fat face with hotdogs. Indeed, in a much-anticipated showdown …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matthew

Animals....

:Rolls Eyes:

Well, at least they have their priorities in order! ;)

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge

What a wonderful sport

And how classy as well. A "no-spewing" rule really marks the difference between stuffing food down a gaping maw and the lesser sports of, say, horse riding, ice skating or even water polo.

Well, at least in this kind of "sport" there is no need to check for drugs. There is, however, a great need for medical personnel and emergency surgery equipment, since it's a wonder each such "competition" doesn't end in a few busted guts.

3. Jim Ned

Acceptance Speech

On behalf of all the other fat, unhealthy, overfed, under-exercised Americans driving along the right-hand sides of our over-sized highways in our enormous, gigantic land-yacht cars which drink gasoline faster than Donald Trump's hair screams "FAKE!!!", let me just say how proud we all are to reclaim this valuable title for the homeland. It has long irked us that a skinny guy from the other side of the world was more efficient at eating stuffed tubes of fat than any of our home-grown gluttons. I know we will all sleep easy tonight...except for the 400 times per night our obesity-induced sleep apnea stops our breathing.

Hugs from across the pond!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Typoes

It should be chowdown, no?

5. Rob Holmes

Thats a lot of hot dogs...

I couldn't actually comprehend just how much food this was, so I had to break it down (theres always someone who does this, so it may as well be me this time):

66 hot dogs in 12 minutes

= five and a half hot dogs every minute

= one hot dog in just under 11 seconds.

I cant eat a bread bun that quickly, let alone one with fake sausage in it and sauce on top. What do they do for an encore? Drink a quarry-dumptruck full of cola in twenty seconds?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Olympic sport...

Going with the "dynamic" theme they want for 2012.. and to match the crap logo... they should introduce this as an olympic sport...

7. Barry

No bun

fao: Rob Holmes

I believe they only eat the 'dog', no bun.

Also, I think drink & sauce are rationed.

8. Andy Bright

You what?

Don't know about the rest of you, but I find it astonishing - and somewhat improbable - that anyone could out-eat an American in the first place.

Surely the previous holder had US genes, or at the very least was trained by US eat-all-you-want buffet coaches.

9. Rhys

Buns too

They have to have the bun too, in fact its a tactical decision whether to dunk the bun in the water to moisten it or to swallow the water to wash it down...

seems insane to me.

This topic is closed for new posts.