back to article Stung by Dynamics 365 hike? Microsoft has a deal for you... just don't expect much

Microsoft is cutting deals for CRM Online customers in the UK stunned by the price hike when moving on to Dynamics 365. CRM Online users will be offered transitional deals as their existing contracts come to an end. But don't expect something off the shelf or clear to understand – what you pay will be determined by what you' …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nice stereotype in the image

Carp.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

Re: Nice stereotype in the image

But is it racism?

1. 404

I saw a black Alfred E. Neuman - the 'What? Me Worry?' guy....

What did ya'll see?

;)

2. JLV
      FAIL

Don't be an ass.

No one with an ounce of common sense is gonna think this article wants to stereotype black people.

This is a "sleazy salesman" pic. Which happens to have someone of the black persuasion. People who are not even really associated with this stereotype. Now, I could, kinda, maybe, get your drift if there was a stereotype linkage between the person's ethnic group and what was being criticized. i.e. xxx people being cheap, yyy people beating on their women, zzz people being something or other.

Or, should all negative types automatically be represented by whites? Males, preferably? Not saying that as an angry white guy - we don't have it too bad overall and my fellow white dudes elected Trump, so that's kinda embarrassing.

Just... think before you type. With black men getting shot by police so frequently, there are many more relevant issues to be concerned about than insisting on white-washing every single article for political correctness.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

> With black men getting shot by police so frequently

I hear it's statistically not as bad as meedja makes it out to be.

3. William 3 Bronze badge

What's up, you got lost on the Internet and believed you were on the Huffington Post?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"As customers come to the end of an existing [CRM Online] contract, we offer transition pricing to move from what they had to what they need."

What they had IS what they need, that's why they bought it, but obviously not what you want to sell them. They should move to a new supplier, their existing one appears to be a drug dealer peddling something which is not good for them.

1. Nick Ryan Silver badge

It can't just be me but when I read something like this:

"Some will pay a little more in that transition pricing and some will pay less.

I tend it to read it like the following because this is closer to reality:

"Most will pay more for the same service but in an attempt to spin this positively there is a very small chance that a small number of users will pay less."

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

there is a very small chance that a small number of users will pay less.

That chance will be so small that it can be considered non existent.

2. mrbawsaq

The people who will pay less will be the people who move off of MS and on to another supplier with fair and competitive pricing rather than price gouging their customers at every opportunity.

2. razorfishsl

What a fantasy.... it can take 6-12 months to get INTO Dynamics with all the custom code

and you think they can get out how?

3. Version 1.0 Silver badge

CRM snake oil

I've never been able to figure why all the interest in Crap Relationship Management. This software has been around since PC's first crawled out of the swamp and it still seems to be primarily a way of separating the users from their money.

1. a_yank_lurker

Re: CRM snake oil

Your average sales drone is a lying idiot. Because they are idiots they crapware to manage the hash they make of their sales calls thus 'Crap Relationship Management'. Credit some smart IT type for figuring out the sales idiot is an easy target to fleece.

4. Jonathan 27

Yeah...

Trying to push people towards Salesforce then?

5. A Long Fellow

"Rothwell said Microsoft hoped the three-year window would give customers "long enough to evaluate where they want to go next"."

I should hope that the answer would be "Somewhere else".

6. jnorene

LibreOffice is looking better all the time.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I guess you mean SuiteCRM. LibreOffice has sod all to do with CRM.

Truth be told, neither has Microsoft..

7. William 3 Bronze badge

Why renting software is a shit idea

No further comment applies.

8. arunsahu2468

Try MS dynamics technologies you will have good future

Guys its happens of price hike when moving on to Dynamics 365. Microsoft is not a small organization, They do have there calculations or stats of tech research cost that they are providing. All you need to do is to find an organization which can able to finish your requirement within your budget. In US, UK, Malaysia and India you can able to find plenty of organizations like that. If you want developers within budget please visit these links as per technology:

Dynamics AX Developers : http://www.raybiztech.com/solutions/enterprise-resource-planning/microsoft-dynamics-ax-solutions

Dynamics NAV Developers : http://www.raybiztech.com/solutions/enterprise-resource-planning/microsoft-dynamics-nav-solutions

Dynamics CRM Developers : http://www.raybiztech.com/solutions/customer-relationship-mgmt/microsoft-dynamics-crm

Dynamics 365 Developers : http://www.raybiztech.com/solutions/microsoft-dynamics-365

Sure you can find affordable solutions with in your budget all the best.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like