back to article Sony designs photo frames for the digital age

If you’ve recently splashed out on a new digital SLR, such as the Olympus E-420 we've reviewed here, then you’ll need some where to show off your snaps. Sony knows this, so it’s unveiled two LCD photo frames. Sony_DPF-D100 Sony's 10.2in D100 frame... The main difference between the D80 and the D100 is display size. Whilst …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David Gosnell

Round of applause for Sony, unusually

... for not going down the pointless widescreen route. Hopefully others will follow suit. Of course, may yet reflect in the price tag.

2. Chris

Meh..

I'd love a digital photo frame. But so far, I haven't seen any that come anywhere close to looking good, and the 800x600 resolution isn't exactly awe-inspiring. Plus, as much as I -want- to like Sony hardware, it's screwed me time and time again over the years.

Call me when it's 1024x768, or even better, 1280x1024. Modern SLRs take images at several thousandxthousand, and LCDs are cheap. Give me decent quality!

Oh, and have it wireless, with its own local website so I can easily add pictures from my computer, or even remotely from anywhere in the world. That'd be great for sending pictures to loved ones.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Green nightmare

Just how much energy is wasted by these things displaying pictures to no-one 99% of the time? At least include a passive infra-red sensor so that the display is blanked (reducing it to unnecessary standby current) when no-one is around.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like