back to article Refactoring Brexit: The Great Digital Repeal

The people had not just spoken, I realised as I woke up in the late afternoon (as usual) on June 24th this year. They'd sworn and puked up all over my Sayl office chairs, and pissed gleefully in my Puyehue water. The bastards. Just as I had warned you all before the Referendum, Brexit imperiled the very wellspring that …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I like the bit about how tech disrupts other parts of society

But freaks out when anyone else has the temerity to disrupt the tech industry.

2. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
    Pint

Nice one just before beer o'clock

That actually made more sense than many other posts (on the Reg or elsewhere) on the vote (whether on Brexit or on who gets their fingers on the big red button). Not sure if that was intentional ;-)

3. ted frater

Fortunately, theres more of us so called nuckle dragging Jordies north of your M25 homeland than your so called techie types. so if push comes to shove you might just consider adding to your safety net a one way ticket to your European dream of surfdom to Brussel's unellected masters.

We wont hesitate in cutting all you digital connections if you push your luck too far.

god help you in the long run.

1. NotArghGeeCee

That comment is satire right?

Dear Dog Almighty, please let that be satire!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

nuckle/Knuckle

Jordies/Geordies

you/your

$Deityof choice help us indeed.

4. tfewster

That's not Steve Bong!

Far too honest and to the point, e.g.

"..your grants are absolutely essential, or we'll call you analog dinosaurs that don't "Get It", and we will mock you relentlessly on Twitter, if you stop the spigot.."

And where's "Garland of Flowers" [in Thai]

1. TheOtherHobbes

Re: That's not Steve Bong!

>And where's "Garland of Flowers" [in Thai]

Brussels. So I'm told.

5. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

"Please note, disruption is something I do to you, not something anyone ever does to me."

In a nutshell.

6. AlexS

What did I just read...??

1. Tom Paine

Intermittently amusing satire, dear boy / girl / person.

7. Tom Paine

ESALEN?!

This one has drunk deep of the waters of spiral dynamic spiritual wellness and whalesong with bar! The links between the roots of the German Nazi variety of fascism, new-age crystal wavers and wacked out valley techno evangelistas has yet to be comprehensively enumerated, although mysticbourgeoisie.blogspot.com/ has some instruiging early research pointers.

8. Tom Paine

Disappointing...

...to see the moderately amusing satire deflated by recycling the lame tabloid lies about last week's high court judgment being some sort of "blocking Brexit" event. It's nothing of the sort, as you know perfectly well, which makes the joke a bit, well, unfunny. Now, if Bong was concerned about the continued ability of the globalista backpacking diginomad types to spend 6, 12, 24 months in London sipping hand-roasted Tanzanian soy lattes in Shoreditch once we leave the SM and lose freedom of movement, and it being a massive threat to the startups industry that half a million 20something Eurotrash will pack up and piss off to some more welcoming European country rather than be a Deliveroo bike courier,.. there might have been some humour in something like that, somewhere. Perhaps.

Otherwise, I'm sure the Cycling Cyber-Bong has, er, legs.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

wotalotatwaddle!

Please, Register, avoid this kind of time and patience wasting rubbish in the future. You have a positive reputation for quality content - don't wreck it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon