back to article Reclusive Mr Ren materialises to bless Huawei Leica tie-up

China’s shopping spree of premium Western brands continues and not just footballers. It’s snapping up technology brands, too - but with these brands some finesse is required. Huawei has just announced a deeper partnership with Leica. The pair announced a multi-year agreement at the start of the year, and it bore its first …

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

Leica’s brand gives Huawei the credibility and brand recognition it needs to compete with Samsung, the only remaining Android phone maker which is actually making any money.

Not if their battery problems carry on. Nokia must be praying that they do... so near, yet so far.

2. Your alien overlord - fear me

If elReg keeps pestering Huawei, soon you won't be invited to their shindigs either !!!!

3. lafnlab
    Joke

...three “rotating CEOs”.

One to hold the light bulb and two to turn the ladder?

4. JustsomeBlokeinAz
    Joke

Total 'shop

I can tell by the pixels.

5. Martin Summers Silver badge

And I'm still left wondering, why the heck would I buy one of their phones just because of the Leica tie in? I don't really care, I suspect many others don't either. They should spend their money elsewhere wisely, how about better batteries for a starter. Samsung has given them an open goal on this particular point.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like