back to article Samsung SGH-F400 music phone

Some phones get all the luck. Some get to be called Soul, or Tocco - we found out it's Italian for 'touch' - or even Omnia. But others get lumbered with a less emotive moniker. Like F400. The Samsung handset is fairly standard to look at, with silvered sides and a glossy black front. At 17mm thick, it's chunky, but then it …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jason eariss

bang & olufsen....WOW!!!

Bang & Olufsen hifi is for people who know f**k all about hifi.

2. Darren B
    Flame

OH FFS

Now the yoofs no longer have to sit on the train with thier tinny speakers competing in some sort of choon sound off. They can whip out thier B&O Samsungs and piss off all those tired commuters that litle bit more.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

B&O

Stink, apply liberal quantities of Right Guard.

Paris cos she don't. Stink that is.

Efros

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

B&O

Oh dear, I sold B&O equipment for years, sadly.....I can't believe people still seem to think it's good, because it's not it's crap overpriced junk!

5. Richard Scratcher
    Flame

In-ear headphones are a must have...

Not for the SiGH-F400 but for the poor sods who have to share a bus or train with the "tsss t-t-t-t-ts-t tsss t-t-t-t-ts-t" noise from a few seats away.

Loudspeakers are a useful feature for handsfree conversations but when they are used to inflict pop music on others, it's a crime against humanity.

Oh FFS indeed.

6. Sleeping Dragon

B&O

I can't believe people still fall for that B&O crap. They make very pretty things, but nothing I would call "quality".

7. Will

B&O

Although B&O do have a genuine interest in the research and production of high quality audio products you will find neither of these in this product.

And i've used it. The audio production is below par and the use of B&O as sales pitch is similar to the use of BOSE by IBM in the Aptiva systems.

Cute, sure. Quality it is not.

8. Giles Jones Gold badge

B&O

Had a B&O TV for nearly 20 years and it was great.

However I've been told many times their audio products aren't worth the money.

Why anyone would want quality speakers on a phone I don't know.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

gromits

It comes with plasticine dogs, does it?

*grommets*

10. Andy
    Flame

NO. just for the love of <non specific deity>, NO.

people DON'T want effing speaker phone functionality. they DON'T want to be forced to listen to the so called muzak of socialy ignorant Eff-tards on the tube/train/bus.

"excuse me, do you have headphones for that? you do? would you mind using them please? oh you've stabbed me".

i'm working on a pocket sized waveguided EM pulse generator that can take out music playing phones from the moronic generation.

all i want to know, is how much Samsung paid B&O for the use of their name on this POS.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

@Andy

Let us know when you get the pulse generator ready to market. That will be THE new gotta-have-it for the goes-out-in-public crowd!

Mars because that's a good place to send Da Yoof until they evolve some manners. Shouldn't take more than a few million geologic periods...by which time we'll have better kit than this, I hope.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like