back to article Dell's new story: Goldilocks and the three virtual infrastructures

Dell's decided the world needs something between roll-your-own infrastructure and converged infrastructure's insistence on controlling exactly what's inside a chassis down to the last screw. The result is something Dell's calling a “Validated System for Virtualization.” Like a converged system, a validated system will ship …

1. The Nazz

From the usual (high) standard of stock photos used

one wouldn't think there was an ongoing obesity epidemic, would one.

My first thought was that it a photo of the retro french actress (actress, really?) Dominique Saint-Clair.

There is a strong semblance there, but there again, i've never really seen DSC with her clothes on.

Now what was that about the servers?

1. Jim Mitchell

Re: From the usual (high) standard of stock photos used

I wonder who selects the photos? That must be an interesting job...

1. Simon Sharwood, Reg APAC Editor (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Re: From the usual (high) standard of stock photos used

Our production team picks most of the images. We have a licence to a stock graphics service, but try not to use their cheesiest stuff.

2. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Dell...

...they're not wrong. It's something people have been asking after for some time.

Cheers, Dell.

1. G Olson

Re: Dell...

But can we get it without the onerously overprice Platinum Uber Enterprise $$$$upport contract? When I first ordered Dell kit a decade ago and added a Fiber Channel card, the Platinum Contract was manditorily bolted on. Took some subtle suggestions of just where else I could FC kit without Dell before they relented.

Dell has since allowed more flexible choices. But every time they introduce new kit they always try to bolt on the Platinum Support by default.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like