back to article Think you’re a trailblazer in tech? Prove it

If you’re a young tech startup just itching for recognition, you should probably know that you have just 17 days to get your entry in for the 2016 Tech Trailblazers awards. This set of virtual awards doesn’t aim to reward the fluffy or the shiny. Over the last six years, they’ve honoured innovation in the sort of areas that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Gender gap

Separate awards for male and female trailblazer?

Keeping the genders separate in the field of, say, sports where physical differences are a factor makes sense. But to separate the genders in an award based on intellectual merit....well, it's not exactly closing the gender gap is it?

1. RoseRoss1502

Re: Gender gap

As a woman in tech, I was very keen to support amazing women in tech as part of that. (A lot of whom I am delighted to say are part of our awesome bunch of judges). Hence the Female Tech Trailblazer of the Year.

But hang on that would be sexist wouldn't it? So it made sense to me to also have a Male Tech Trailblazer of the Year to recognize all the amazing guys out there being amazing leaders and fostering innovation, agility and diversity in their startups and the wider tech community.

So we are looking forward to seeing lots of fantastic entries. Will we see one from you?

:) Rose

2. Knewbie
    Coat

Trailblazer, hmmm

I do have a serie of flaming, burning and fuming IT projects behind me, does that mean I qualify automatically ?

Mine is the one with the cattleprod in the pocket ;)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Trailblazer, hmmm

I do have a serie of flaming, burning and fuming IT projects behind me, does that mean I qualify automatically ?

Only if you're willing to publicly share your flaming/burning/fuming concepts so someone else can have a go without paying you a bean for it. We remarked on this before.

2. RoseRoss1502

Re: Trailblazer, hmmm

Well on the front line it is always IT on fire. Hopefully we'll find some tech which will help with the firefighting.

I am sure the cattle prod helps herd the cats.

But keeping it in your pocket? There's a joke there and I am certainly not going down that route before the water shed.

Good luck with your firefighting and if you come across any new companies helping you do that, please point them in our direction we'd love to have them on board. innovate[at]techtrailblazers[dot]com

Best, Rose

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Are you young?

Are you gullible as fuck?

Well give us your hard work for free, and we'll give you a magic bean. It's not exploitation, it's opportunity!

1. RoseRoss1502

The awards is looking for innovation, but we don't expect someone to share an idea or a concept.

The entries we receive and encourage are on the market or very close to being so. And the opportunity is share your product greatness with a stellar panel of judges. And then hopefully the recognition from them and the voting public.

If anyone offered something that we felt was a concept we'd advise them to take a different route and hopefully connect them with someone who could help them bring that idea to market in a IP protected, commercially successful way.

This topic is closed for new posts.