back to article If you want to build your own Nvidia-powered self-driving car – or hack one – here's a blueprint

Nvidia is channelling Thunderbirds legend Parker for its latest system-on-chip for self-driving cars. Two Parker processors are used in the PX 2 box we saw at the start of the year. This hardware adds a super-cruise-control to vehicles by hoovering up video feeds from onboard cameras and other sensor data, feeding it through …

1. A Non e-mouse Silver badge
    Happy

But can it crack safes too?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

But will it require me to install nvidia update and the 3d vision engine and then reset my setting when a new version is applied...

3. Oengus

Real Programmers...

The 16nm FinFET SoC has 256 Pascal CUDA GPU cores

Real programmers don't use Pascal.

Thanks to BebopWeBop for the link to the Real Programmers article

1. Steve Todd

Re: Real Programmers...

You do realise that the author of that article declares anyone who doesn't write unstructured FORTRAN on IBM mainframes not to be a real programmer? I doubt you qualify, and neither do 99.9999% of the readership here.

Pascal in this case is a GPU family code name, not a language BTW

1. hattivat

You do realize that the article is a joke? (and a legendary one at that)

2. Sgt_Oddball

Real Prograwmers write self-modifying code, especially if they can

save 20 nanoseconds in the middle of a tight loop.

Real programmers don't spell check... (also all that ranting on GOTO loops takes me back to college days programming EPROM chips in the only electronics project the design tech A level would let me do.)

4. Stuart Elliott

Here's a blueprint

So, all the adverts in the cinemas from F.A.S.T. were wrong - YOU WOULD DOWNLOAD A CAR!!!

5. annodomini2
    Boffin

Finally...

A processor that may be able to run AUTOSAR.

Might not be able to do much else, but what the hell, the Manager has their AUTOSAR box checked.

6. Alister

Parker?

"Yus, Milady?"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like