back to article Not an Oracle user? You're probably in an Oracle database anyway

You might have nothing to do with Oracle's databases, but you're probably in one: Big Red has announced it's selling a database of 400 million business profiles. Big Red calls this the “Oracle Data Cloud B2B audience solution” and labels it a “Data as a Service (DaaS) solution”. Oracle's fronting for other data-harvesters so …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Thank {pick one or more} that I've loved to present wildly differing profiles over the years. Have fun guys on that data scrub!

2. Terafirma-NZ

Salesforce

So that's why they bought Salesforce so they could mine everyone's data then sell it back to them to enter back into the database.

1. Timmay

Re: Salesforce

They haven't bought Salesforce.

3. The Original Steve

I rarely use chain coffee shops but popped into a Starbucks today and noticed "Micros" PoS kit - even had "ORACLE" displayed on the Chip and Pin LCD display. Assume that'll be all Starbucks transactions included in this dataset then...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I was wondering that too... where are they getting this data? Is this just publishing some generic CRM database, like a bunch of companies do... all of it being outdated... or are they actually harvesting data from companies that use Oracle? I assume the former.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like