back to article Correction: There was no hangman's noose, claims Hyperloop countersuit ... it was a cowboy's lasso

An extraordinary fight at tube-travel company Hyperloop One has hit warp speed with a court filing filled with more wild claims. Faced with accusations of physical threats, financial mismanagement and nepotism in a lawsuit from its former CTO Brogan BamBrogan, the company's management has fired back with a 46-page cross- …

1. Nunyabiznes

Popcorn!

Well except for the ridiculous amounts of tax dollars that are being wasted in conjunction with this. The (US - and I'm sure other) military has some colorful wording for situations such as this.

And the pic of the rope shows is that they don't know how to tie a noose or a Honda knot. Which only adds to the depth of their lack of knowledge.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Popcorn!

Lasso.. now I see it. Would've been more convincing if he'd at least worn a cowboy hat.

Doesn't look much like a proper hangman's noose either.

Seems like a distraction from the really fucked up shit happening at this company.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Popcorn!

"Well except for the ridiculous amounts of tax dollars that are being wasted in conjunction with this." Which this? The litigation, or Hyperloop?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm sorry...

But I just can't get past the guy's name. "Brogan BamBrogan"...

1. Dr Scrum Master

Re: I'm sorry...

I keep reading it a "Bogan"...

1. Rafael 1

I keep reading it as "Brogan BamBroganface".

Sorry.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Brogie McBroFace could be his nickname 'round the office.

2. Banksy

It is very difficult to listen to, or believe, anyone called Brogan BamBrogan. Maybe he should have been a wrestler instead?

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

If I was given such a dumb name by my parents I'd be pissed off and angry most of the time too.

"Hey Cletus, wouldn't it be goddarn funny if we like, gave him a first name like his last name! Rhymes see! Huh huh huh!"

"Dixie Mae Magnolia , I just love the way ya think babe! Huh huh huh! Now where's my f***kin buffalo wings b*tch?!"

1. Eddy Ito

His parents weren't that stupid/mean as to give him such a dumb name, he and his wife chose it as a surname when they married. It's a trainwreck word1 of their first names, Bambi and Brogan - BamBrogan.

No really.

1. I know the proper term is portmanteau word but in this case trainwreck word seems a better fit.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

"His parents weren't that stupid/mean as to give him such a dumb name, he and his wife chose it as a surname when they married. It's a trainwreck word1 of their first names, Bambi and Brogan - BamBrogan."

Must've been a run on sick buckets when that was announced to their families. What a pair of muppets.

2. Kubla Cant

I know the proper term is portmanteau word

Even portmanteau words aren't usually camel-case.

3. maffski

'It's a trainwreck word of their first names, Bambi and Brogan - BamBrogan'

Shouldn't it be BamBroganbi?

4. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

"His parents weren't that stupid/mean as to give him such a dumb name, he and his wife chose it as a surname when they married. It's a trainwreck word1 of their first names, Bambi and Brogan - BamBrogan."

So are you saying his parents named him Brogan Brogan originally?

1. Eddy Ito

My bad, he was originally Kevin Brogan and his wife was Bambi Liu so it's more of a trainwreck than I originally thought.

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

OMG, you're right. The original names were nearly normal, but Bambi BamBrogan and Brogan BamBrogan? What were they smoking that night?

4. NotBob

Perhaps it would be more accurate if he changed his name to Grogan?

3. asdf

you know what

Someday we might be able to buy a ticket on a hyper loop and avoid long car drives but I am fairly confident to say it won't be because of anything these assclowns have done or will ever do.

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: you know what

"Someday we might be able to buy a ticket on a hyper loop and avoid long car drives but I am fairly confident to say it won't be because of anything these assclowns have done or will ever do."

I just love the way they invented a cool name for something that doesn't yet exist, and even if it ever does come to pass, is just an update on a Victorian era pneumatic railway.

4. Aaiieeee

$40,000 a month 'as standard' ??

Even if only half of the accusations (on both sides) are true then this is a very toxic place to work and I'd want to be well out... except that I could probably put up with anything if I was getting paid anywhere near what that PR advisor gets.

Wouldn't this be considered a PR disaster? Perhaps they need to hire a more expensive PR advisor..

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I wonder how much they pay engineers...

They have a mountain or two of obstacles to overcome to make their system commercially viable. If they pay 40k *per month* (it makes half a million per year...) a PR which wouldn't help to resolve anything of that (but some exec bed needs, it looks), I wonder how much they pay lead engineers. A couple of million per years, at least? <G>

But probably the PR is needed for the very business of the company, get VCs and investors money, dissipate it while enjoying the PR, and then tell them "the project is not feasible with actual technology, we're pivoting, bye!"

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: I wonder how much they pay engineers...

I somehow doubt that company needs engineers for anything other than window dressing.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: I wonder how much they pay engineers...

If they pay 40k *per month* (it makes half a million per year...) a PR which wouldn't help to resolve anything of that (but some exec bed needs, it looks)

"It" is NOT an acceptable pronoun for what you're insinuating....

/LMAO

2. Potemkine Silver badge

Re: $40,000 a month 'as standard' ??

Perhaps they need to hire a more expensive PR advisor..

With also more boobs, just in case...

1. Charlie Clark Silver badge

Re: $40,000 a month 'as standard' ??

With also more boobs, just in case...

And higher heels… hm stiletto icon seems to be missing.

5. This post has been deleted by its author

6. Banksy

Have the boy lay out my formal shorts

I can't help thinking of Zapp Brannigan whenever I hear this guy's name.

1. Bumpy Cat

Re: Have the boy lay out my formal shorts

"You, Kif. You lay out my formal shorts."

7. fpx
    Thumb Down

What a scam

Whoever wins, it's increasingly clear that the company is out to fleece investors that have jumped on the Hyperloop hype, and any advances in engineering will be purely coincidental. I pity the engineers that joined the company trying to build something relevant only to see management focusing on their personal enrichment rather than the product.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Potemkine Silver badge

Re: What a scam

I pity the engineers that joined the company trying to build something relevant only to see management focusing on their personal enrichment rather than the product.

Sounds like the fate of many engineers :doh:

8. tmTM

"the increase to the PR firm's rate was due to the expanded scope of the firm's work"

and because the PR advisor was now gargling the boss's junk on a nightly basis.

9. Doctor_Wibble
    Gimp

Rope on a chair, threat or invitation?

This is one of the reasons not to make cryptic advances to colleagues because an invitation to a bondage session can be misinterpreted as a threat. Then of course you have to choose between the kind of lawsuit featured in the article, or admit that it was actually a case of sexual harassment in the workplace. May or may not be an easy choice, depending on gender and jurisdiction...

Obvious icon choice here.

10. Solmyr ibn Wali Barad

Fruitloop One

(no comment required)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like