back to article HP Inc: Double-digit bounce due on PC prices next month

HP Inc has blamed the wobbliness of the British pound for a double-digit price hike in the UK due to kick in from the start of next month on all its commercial PC kit – but for some reason the print range is to avoid the upward swing. Sterling has slumped to a 31-year low following the outcome of the EU referendum and some …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well...

They have gotta make a few extra $$$$ from somewhere to offset the loss they are going to make selling bits of their business in their fire sale now haven't they?

1. dedmonst

Re: Well...

That's Hewlett Packard Enterprise, not HP Inc.

Get the right company!

2. HollyHopDrive

I can hear the gravy train coming....petrol and diesel are next, then BT will claim it for line rental and sky will be next with all the imported content.

And when things settle down and the pound/dollar goes back to its old ways all this will be forgotten including removal of the 10% all they added on.

Whoop whoop, gravy train coming through....

3. msknight

Toner and Ink will probably get the hike. That's where I've been led to believe that they've always made the bulk of money anyway in that sector. They may have given no comment on it now... but I can't see it NOT happening. Unless they're waiting to see what the competition does.

4. Tom 7

Not just HP

been helping a couple of friends look a laptops over last couple of weeks. They've gone up around 8 or 9% over that time.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Not just HP

Anything that's been restocked has gone up a lot on a number of sites. I bought the last in stock laptop at ebuyer and the restock was £160ish more expensive.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like