back to article Here's how to SMS spam Liberal voters and get away with it

It's easy to spam voters with text messages and get away with it. If you wanted to swing voters ahead of a federal election, as the Australian Labor Party is alleged to have done in a message claiming a rival Liberal Coalition Government would privatise the nation's healthcare provider Medicare, you wouldn't send a text …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

An anon sms is stupid.

An anon sms gets ignored as the shite it is. You can't be bothered to identify yourself in your message then I can't be bothered to pay you any attention. Now fek off & cram that phone up yer arse ya twatwobble.

1. bluesxman
      Trollface

Re: An anon sms is stupid.

Mmmm ... irony.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You left out don't shave for a week, dress in black and wear a hoodie.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Oi!

I resemble that remark!

(And who wouldn't be hooded in this weather? Been frightfully cold lately even here in Brisbane.)

3. Oengus

You also left out - choose an internet cafe/Wifi hotspot across the road from a Liberal Party campaign office. Bonus points if you can piggyback onto the Wifi network in the campaign office.

4. Adam 1
  5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It used to be possible

To craft an SMS to appear as a network message...I used to do that at school with people's old Nokias. You just had to prefix the SMS with some select characters and boom. Network message.

Oh how I lol'd at my mate calling up BTCellnet to rage about his credit limit appearing to reduce to zero.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like