back to article Not-so Secret Rulers of the World gather to talk cybersecurity, AI and, er, TalkTalk?

It's the conspiracy theorists' favorite time of the year, as the annual Bilderberg Meeting kicks off on June 9 at the luxurious Taschenbergpalais Hotel in Dresden. The meetings, held since 1954, bring together around 130 business and political leaders from Europe and North America. This year ten main topics are up for …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bilderberg ...

... the poor man's Davos (or was that Davros?)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lizard people

The lizard people engineered the collapse of the middle classes, to cement their plutonomic rule.

1. Chris G

Re: Lizard people

If Henry Kissinger is there, he is well known as a tool of the Rothschild Illuminati Alien Lizard Baby Eaters so everything is OK, it's a normal meeting.

Nothing to see here, go about your/our business folks!

3. wolfetone Silver badge
    Devil

I like to think the conspiracy theorists have got it all wrong, that it isn't some secret Freemason/NWO meeting.

I think, instead, it's just a massive orgy and booze up.

1. Geoffrey W

And when its all over there will be a suspiciously low number of homeless on the streets of surrounding cities, though only the cutest of them will have gone missing. Don't go near those black mobile soup kitchens.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

orgy ends with bukkake on Di(l)do

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In the meantime...

The t'rists are killing ordinary innocent people.

1. Geoffrey W

Re: In the meantime...

I have it on good authority that, before the USA made a terrible mistake and had him killed, Osama Bin Laden was a regular at these meetings. There is a reason the previous administration never seriously pursued him...but I'm not telling what it is...

1. phuzz Silver badge
        Alien

Did your "good authority" happen to dribble a bit and talk to walls by any chance?

Conspiracy theories aside, it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that one of his relatives has attended, the Bin Ladens are a pretty well off Saudi family.

1. Geoffrey W

I wasn't being serious; or didn't think I was...Are people taking that throwaway unthought out and instantly forgotten, and forgettable, comment for real? Hahahaha

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: In the meantime... @Geoffrey W

I wasn't being serious; or didn't think I was...Are people taking that throwaway unthought out and instantly forgotten, and forgettable, comment for real? Hahahaha ..... Geoffrey W

That be a perverse laugh indeed, Geoffrey W, whenever you realise all sorts of realities are so easily created and destroyed. Surely you don't think everything is orderly and ordered whenever madness and mayhem, chaos and catastrophe run riot in systems everywhere?

Try to understand and accept this is true, for whenever it is not, is it then something completely new which all will be forced to deal with in order to have any effective say in the direction and way of the future. I Kid U Not.

Capiche, El Reg? And what is IT to be? A Wild Wacky Western Delight or Exotic Erotic Eastern Treat, both of which can, if certain definitive needs dictate, be Advanced Persistent and Active Cyber Threats to be fully explored and ruthlessly exploited? Where be located the spaces for the brightest and smartest of systems analysis ?

And why ever not a quantum amalgam of them both, to present something else quite different and unique and Earth shatteringly enlightening? Would that be too alien an AI Programming Project for current struggling with reality administrations to admit is transparently confronting them, and/or just far too much for a widely perceived and ill conceived elite and a chosen few, battling in vain against future remote progressive revisionary leadership[s] ..... for there may be considerably more than just the one?

5. Warm Braw

The meetings, held since 1954...

... have achieved nothing but to confirm the human propensity to form self-promoting cliques.

1. Chemical Bob

Re: The meetings, held since 1954...

That's what they want you to think.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They almost had me there with the inclusion of Dido Harding however a little tin foil hat searching on the internet states she was from McKinsey & Co is the daughter of a lord and the most telling nugget of information is that she grew up in a family pig farm in Dorset. I can only imagine the stories she knows about top Tories therefore the Bilderberg meetings are a cover of our lizard overlords.

icke was right

7. John Savard

New Word

The Precariat: those who do have more to lose than their chains!

1. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge

Re: New Word

The Precariat:

No doubt Bill Gates would say "Let them raise Chickens"

8. Youngone Silver badge

Angry of Mayfair

First of all it's bête noire, and secondly I'm pretty sure Donald Trump barely knows who Lindsay Graham is.

I Googled him, because I didn't know, and I find he endorsed Jeb Bush (everyone laughed and laughed), then Ted Cruz (also extremely funny).

Apparently he won't vote for Trump, which must mean he's going to vote for Hilary. Odd for a Republican I would have thought.

9. Gwaptiva

Massive lecturer-audience discrepancy

So, 100-odd clueless world and business leaders are going to be Clueless in Dresden for 3 days. I mean, they invited the Dutch king who is already happy when he manages to tie his shoelaces in the morning

10. AussieCanuck46

I can't say for sure, but I think the Anonymous annual convention is much more fun. I know it's more anonymous.

11. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Joke

TalkTalk will be providing the communications and connectivity

Total lockdown, no press releases afterwards.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Di(l)do -FFS !

She doesn't even know her elbow from her backside !

Oh wait. She is the wife of Call me Dave's mate and is used to regular hacks at TalkTalk.

Must be doing something right, right?

13. The Vociferous Time Waster

Dido is the entertainment

They lads are planning on drinking port in their dinner suits while watching her get whipped in her undies.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like