back to article Ego and CEO are 66 per cent the same

While Game of Thrones obsessives reveled in that series' fifth episode The Door (hold the door; poor guy), the true nerds were instead staring at a chair. Not just any chair – the chair. The chair of Pied Piper's CEO and in it sat ... no one. Because Jack Barker had been jettisoned and now the boys at Silicon Valley were ready …

1. Simon R. Bone
    Alert

Comedy Drama!

NOT "dramedy"

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Comedy Drama? Dramedy?

To be honest, it sounds like a better portmanteau term would be "Coma"...

2. Valeyard

it had a female coder

She was better than they were at coding, more assertive and confident than they were and didn't give a shit at all, even blackmailing them the second the time they offered her a job

if anything she was manlier than the entire team of wet lettuce sheltered nerds (not because she was at all manly but because they're just so maladjusted which was really cool since it showed them up for what they are), i hope she comes back, she was great :D

1. Andy Tunnah

Re: it had a female coder

She did, she was offered a job, but her terms weren't for the job, they were blackmail terms to not mention the whole ordeal to the boss at the time

I doubt she'll have a 3rd appearance.

And ya I totally agree she was a great character, she rounded off the trio of coders

1. jamesb2147

Re: it had a female coder

I was disappointed that they didn't skewer the Valley's incredible pricing. For all the things she was mentioning, I was certain it would cost at least $50k IRL. Lost wages from previous job, back pay, blackmail money, and all over a fairly long time.

If they weren't going to name an absolutely ridiculous figure (and $20k for all that is not really enough IRL), then they shouldn't have named a figure at all. Perhaps when it hits Blu-Ray we'll all get the deleted scene explaining, humorously, how the figure was arrived at...

3. teknopaul

news?

IMHO what happened on the telly in a soap is not news.

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Re: news?

Dead tree newspapers have had television reviews and previews for decades. Ditto radio, theatre and art exhibitions.

4. Graham Jordan

Worst episode so far

It was predictable and boring. Letting rip at the blogger was painful to watch, there's only been a few really painful moments in all three seasons and this was by far the worst.

Next episode, Big Head will get sued for breaking his $20 million payoff to keep quiet.

5. Andy Tunnah

It's almost slapstick

I've been finding it hard to watch because the characters get these highs then are instantly bitch-slapped. The arcs are really small and painful to view.

I miss the overall tone of the show

6. macjules

Female CEO?

I still think the Monica Hall character will be made CEO.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like