back to article Mac hinge may change

In news that might change the arc of mankind, reports have emerged that Apple may change the hinge on one of the laptops it sells later this year. Even though the existence of a new hinge design made from metal injection molding is only a rumor, scientists are looking into whether the Earth may stop spinning on its axis. …

1. Disk0
    Thumb Up

metal injection

My only question, will that be Megadeath or Motörhead....

1. WolfFan Silver badge

Re: metal injection

Man'o'war

2. Someone_Somewhere

9mm Nails

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

9mm Nails

Ah yes, the usual metric/imperial confusion. I presume you meant Nine Inch Nails, who covered one of David Bowie's songs with a very appropriate title :).

1. Jeffrey Nonken

22.86 Centimeter Nails.

Hmm. It lacks a certain... something.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Omnium Gatherum and Insomnium.

Double metal!

2. fruitoftheloon
    Happy

Whale oil beef hooked

And there was I, daft enough to buy a (really rather nice) 13 inch MBP just two weeks a ago, I should have seen it coming.

My lovely new shiny, will undoubtedly be outmoded, decrepit, superceded, just a bit of old tatt...

The very essence of my being (and the balance of my self esteem) will disappear faster than a vampire running from the rising sun.

Jay.

1. zb

Re: Whale oil beef hooked

You mean you will be unhinged?

1. fruitoftheloon

@zb Re: Whale oil beef hooked

Zb,

Err no, just say (out loud, fairly rapidly)

Whale oil beef hooked.

Cheers,

Jay

2. Robert Moore

I will give you $50 Canadian for your worthless last-gen MBP. But you have to cover the shipping. :)

1. fruitoftheloon
        Happy

@Robert: Re: Whale oil beef hooked

Robert,

Many thanks for your kind offer.

But if the Canadian person you are offering to trade is only worth 50 of your weird dollar thingamabobbies I think I shall retain said bit of about-to-be-uselessness for a while...

Cheers,

Jay

3. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

so you didn't look at the various Mac Blogs that are clearly saying that new Macbooks are on the way probably at the WWDC?

More fool you.

On the otherhand, the MBP you bought will last for years so unless you really need a bit of extra grunt that the new CPU's will give you then you have no need for a new shiny-shiny Apple bit of tat. Unless, you have some bragging amongst your mates (???) you need to do...

:)

Ok, so I bought one last year myself. I've passed its predecessor (2011 15in MBP) onto a family member. They love it. Still got years of life in it yet.

1. fruitoftheloon
        Happy

@Steve Davies 3: Re: Whale oil beef hooked

Stevie babes,

Yes I do know that a new one is on the way (at some point....)

If you would be so kind as to confirm WHEN, I will get a refund on the aforementioned, then wait (laptop-less) for the coming of the "new shiny"!

It will be used for CC graphicsy stuff and some development work, and some video editing (FCP), I would be surprised if it didn't hum along for five years or so.

I gave up using bits of silicon, metal and plastic for bragging rights a long time ago...

In a similar vein, my previous MacPro (with FCP) was well received by the Headmaster of my lads' school when I donated it to them last month.

Cheers matey.

Jay

3. Screwed

I guess they must have the MacHinery for making the new MacHingery?

4. BurnT'offering

A lot hinges on this

It's not by any means open and shut, or perhaps it is? I hope El Reg clasp this story closely, really latch onto it, and soon close the lid on it, assuming their sources don't clam(shell) up.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon