back to article LG KC550 5-megapixel cameraphone

And at first glance, the KC550 looks like a chip off the old Chocolate block, but with proper buttons rather than the touch-sensitive surfaces of LG's confectionery-monikered hero line. There's a large 2.4in screen surrounded by shiny black plastic and a chrome rim. On the back the 5-megapixel camera lens is hidden behind an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. GettinSadda
    Alien

Looks like a fish, moves like a fish...steers like a cow

Yes, but has it got a black button labelled in black on a black background with a little black light that lights up black to let you know you've pressed it?

2. Jerome
    Thumb Down

Poor SD card support

Only being able to add 4MB is ridiculous in this day and age, I would expect at least 4GB cards to be supported.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Jerome

You beat me to it!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't buy

I hated this phone. Went right back to my K800. And I could not get bluetooth A2DP working, despite trying three types of headphones.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

microSD / microSDHC

In theory, if the phone supports 4GB cards, it should support larger ones too. Micro SD cards of 4GB and above are necessarily SDHC cards so the hardware required to read them is there, it's just a question of O/S support, and if a manufacturer starts doing devices in this day and age that only have O/S support for cards up to 4GB, they need their heads looking at.

Interestingly enough, the official blurb about Nokia's N95-1 (the original N95, not the newer N95-2 with 8GB of flash memory on the mainboard and no memory card slot) also says that it'll support cards of up to 4GB. I've had an 8GB card in mine for several months now and it works fine even when almost full, so O/S support *IS* there in this case. Early indications are that the N95-1 will also work with 12GB and 16GB cards when they become available.

So, did anyone at El Reg try the new LG handset with an 8GB card or did you all take the specs on face value?

6. Roland
    Happy

Re: Looks like etc.

Ah, that would be that elusive DED, the Darkness Emitting Diode, right?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Mirror..

the lil domed mirror next to the camera lens so you can align your self portrait shots looks a little bit well err duff! did someone read silver and paint it?

8. DirkGently

@GettinSadda

No, but it has one that when you press it a sign pops up saying "Please do not press this button again!".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like