back to article Fujitsu intros half-a-tera pocket drive

Fujitsu has unveiled what it claims is the world’s highest capacity 2.5in external hard drive, the only problem being that… er… it’s not. Fujitsu_handy_drive Fujitsu's 500GB 2.5in drive The company claims that the HandyDrive storage unit features “the world's highest capacity 2.5in external hard disk drive with up to 500GB …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. UltimateSephiroth

Fix the title

Fix the title - it says half-a-gig, but this HD is 500gig (a.k.a. half-a-terabyte). :P

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

@wil

Or proof-read your comments? :-)

Seriously, mea culpa. The error is the proof-reader's.

4. jeanl
    Alien

soon will be obsolete

gor god sake people, take it easy on editor.

By the way, it's a waste of silicons create something will obsolete in a few months with no one wants. Nano-drive run on chips will soon on market before 2010. The size about credit card on 3.5mm thickness hold 300 Gig will virtually knock all the spin wheel off the shelves.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

slow half -tera

I got my buffalo 500gb drive a week before Lacie told me theirs was finally available. So I guess that makes fujitsu a bit slow.

6. Jeff Dickey

Fujitsu v. LaCie

If you go over and read the comments on the linked story about the LaCie drive, you'll find a lot of people kvetching about drive reliability. I myself have had two DeathStars; never again. On the other hand, I've a five-year-old Fujitsu that gets knocked about on a daily basis and just works - on a daily basis.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like