back to article Investigatory Powers Bill to be rushed into Parliament on Tuesday

The Home Secretary will formally introduce the Investigatory Powers Bill to Parliament on Tuesday, it is rumoured, inviting criticism that the Snoopers' Charter is being rushed through while MPs are distracted by the UK's looming EU membership referendum. The final draft of Theresa May's new Snoopers' Charter is ready to be …

1. Vimes

Let your MPs know your objection to this. Now.

You don't even need to know who they are, just your own postcode by using the following site to contact them:

http://www.writetothem.com

1. Steve K
      Stop

Oh no I don't....

Unfortunately that won't work for me since after entering my postcode:

"Dominic Raab MP has told us not to deliver any messages from the constituents of Esher and Walton. Instead you can try looking them up on the Parliament website. There you will get a phone number, a postal address, and for some MPs a website or way to contact them by email."

Great.... and not for the first time with Mr. Raab

1. KeithR

Re: Oh no I don't....

"Dominic Raab MP "

"Minister for Human Rights"

My irony meter just went right off the scale...

2. alain williams Silver badge

In that case Mr. Raab needs to be voted out at the next election.

1. Cynical Observer
          Alert

In Surrey ... Home to nine constituencies which returned nine Tories.

Ah Sh!t - can someone buy me a new Irony Meter - the springs just broken in my old one.

1. Vimes

In Surrey ... Home to nine constituencies which returned nine Tories.

Find an independent who's otherwise a tory to run against him?

1. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

Re: Find an independent who's otherwise a tory to run against him?

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

I may be considered Too Radical and those skeletons in my closet......

I Must be a Perfect Political Candidate then....!

2. Anonymous Coward
          Alert

Could be tricky. 28,616 majority, the sixth highest in Parliament.

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
            Meh

Could be tricky. 28,616 majority, the sixth highest in Parliament.

IOW.

"I don't fu**ing care what you think. I don't have to."

Of course the former Speaker of the House (Labour. Glasgow Huge majority) thought the same onhis comments about the MP's expenses scandal.

The SNP MP who got his seat has a very large majority as well.

3. Vimes

Re: Oh no I don't.... @Steve K

http://www.parliament.uk/biographies/commons/dominic-raab/4007

It gives a link to his personal site too.

2. kryptonaut

http://www.writetothem.com

Done, for all the good it'll do.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Done ages ago, not that he even bothered to reply to my points, just a generic 'i've received lots of letters about this and I still won't change my mind" letter

2. sysconfig

Excuse me?

Firstly, I pay taxes in this country. If the different committees, which are funded by the taxpayer, put out devastating reports (and they did!), I demand that they be taken into account. The govt cannot simply ignore them!

Secondly, if the Tories really try to rush this through parliament, it shows their attitude to any kind of oversight (which is the very purpose of reviews/committees). Crucially the lack of oversight is one of the main sore subjects of the bill. This isn't going to end well.

If there wasn't so much at stake, I'd secretly hope that the Tories get a massive slap in the face from (hopefully sensible) MPs as they vote against and reject the bill in parliament. However, I'm afraid that the Tories might play the system successfully. That's frigging scary. Democracy as we know it (or what's left of it) ceases to exist.

1. Vimes

Re: Excuse me?

Don't forget the tories aren't the only ones involved here: the lib dems connived with them to vote against an earlier sunset clause in DRIPA and labour are well known for their inquisitive nature (think IMP,"mastering the internet" or ID cards).

For that matter labour aren't exactly innocent either when it comes to rushing through legislation. Remember the Digital Economy Act?

That's not to say that this isn't a big problem, but the tories are only part of it considering that they would have problems getting this through on their own.

1. sysconfig

Don't forget the tories aren't the only ones involved here

No they are not, I completely agree. However, they wrote the bill and are in charge right now.

1. Vimes

they wrote the bill

You really believe that? Seriously? Theresa May can't even answer basic questions on this bill, is forced to come back at a later date with written answers - presumably composed by a civil servant somewhere - and you still think that the Tories are the ones pushing for this?

It's civil servants that are in control. Look at Charles Farr: previously head of the Office of Security and Counter Terrorism at the Home Office during the last Labour government and now chairman of the Joint Intelligence Committee during the present Tory government, and also happens to be a big supporter of not just the IP bill but also IMP, Mastering the Internet, CCDP and everything else that came before.

Of course it's interesting to note that when public rows occur over whistleblowing it's not him that pays the price...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27750921

2. Arthur the cat Silver badge
        Black Helicopters

Don't forget the tories aren't the only ones involved here

I suspect this one is pretty much unrelated to any political party - it's the unelected civil service, especially the Home Office, that has been pushing for ID cards and universal surveillance for decades.

You see the same pattern with every Home Secretary, whatever party they belong to. Start off reasonable (or as reasonable as a Laura Norder loving politician can be) but a year or two later they turn into Judge Dredd, after a constant feeding process - "look at these crime statistics, Home Secretary", "look at these terrorism statistics, Home Secretary", "look at how many plots MI5/6 have thwarted, Home Secretary", "you wouldn't want an atrocity to happen on your watch, Home Secretary". Basically, it's Stockholm Syndrome.

1. KeithR
          FAIL

"it's the unelected civil service, especially the Home Office, that has been pushing for ID cards and universal surveillance for decades."

Oh, get stuffed, man!

They - and IPB - are Political-With-A-Capital-Pee through and through.

1. Vimes

They - and IPB - are Political-With-A-Capital-Pee through and through.

So all the precursors to the IPB, including IMP and Mastering the Internet - both of which happened on Labours watch - are just figments of our imagination? That the spying revealed by Snowden also started on Labour's watch is also not true? (Prism in particular started back in 2007, and GCHQ reportedly in 2008)

By 2010, two years after the project was first trialled, it was able to boast it had the "biggest internet access" of any member of the Five Eyes electronic eavesdropping alliance, comprising the US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/jun/21/gchq-cables-secret-world-communications-nsa

1. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

"So all the precursors to the IPB, including IMP and Mastering the Internet - both of which happened on Labours watch - are just figments of our imagination? That the spying revealed by Snowden also started on Labour's watch is also not true? "

at the risk of numerous politically motivated downvotes, I'd just like to add that at least one person of my acquaintance refuses to acknowledge these things happened under Labour, or that Labour's regulatory environment was in place during "the Lehman's era", as that wasn't Labour. That was "Blairite New Labour". It seems he thinks they're different political parties, so maybe some writers on here have that same view?

2. Kane
          Black Helicopters

"You see the same pattern with every Home Secretary, whatever party they belong to. Start off reasonable (or as reasonable as a Laura Norder loving politician can be) but a year or two later they turn into Judge Dredd, after a constant feeding process - "look at these crime statistics, Home Secretary", "look at these terrorism statistics, Home Secretary", "look at how many plots MI5/6 have thwarted, Home Secretary", "you wouldn't want an atrocity to happen on your watch, Home Secretary". Basically, it's Stockholm Syndrome. the Farr Effect."

There, FTFY.

Icon relevant, because I know they're watching.

1. Cynical Observer
            Black Helicopters

@Kane

"Icon relevant, because I know they're watching."

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”

― Joseph Heller, Catch-22*

*Must admit I wasn't aware that it was Catch 22 - a truly cracking read!

3. Vimes

Re: Excuse me? @Arthur the cat

Don't forget their preferred response when any decision looks like it will be going against them: "that's a very courageous decision Home Secretary"

4. John Smith 19 Gold badge
          Gimp

"I suspect this one is pretty much unrelated to any political party - it's the unelected civil service, especially the Home Office, that has been pushing for ID cards and universal surveillance for decades."

You are correct.

And remember this has b**ger all to do with "security"

It's about collecting all possible information all the time forever. It's about "Give me 6 lines from an honest man, and I'll find something to hang him," as another unelected bureaucrat put it.

Why? Because to the mind of a data fetishist more data is always better and all data is best of all.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Democracy passes into despotism. - Plato

Happening right before our eyes.

I followed the Psychoactive substances bill, expert advice again completely ignored.

Our freedoms our being rapidly diminished and most are unaware, without getting too David Ickian, although I do believe this is what we are seeing!

Posted AC for obvious reasons!

3. Efros

So no change

Employ experts, experts report, they don't say what you want, ignore said experts and do what you were going to do anyway. Same old (s)tory.

1. Alan Brown Silver badge

Re: So no change

"Employ experts, experts report, they don't say what you want, ignore said experts and do what you were going to do anyway. Same old (s)tory."

It worked well for TEPCO.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Employ experts, experts report, they don't say what you want, ignore said experts and do what you were going to do anyway. Same old (s)tory.

Only the lucky ones get ignored. The unlucky ones get sacked. That's probably why most of the criticism has come from outside of the Government.

http://www.senseaboutscience.org/pages/maddox-prize-2013.html

1. Eponymous Cowherd
          Black Helicopters

Only the lucky ones get ignored. The unlucky ones get sacked. That's probably why most of the criticism has come from outside of the Government.

The really unlucky ones end up, apparently, taking an overdose and cutting their wrists.......

2. Terry 6 Silver badge

Well yes, that seems to be how we do things here now.

If they can find some experts to support their view ( even a few ) they shout it from the rooftops, and denigrate the rest. if not they just denigrate and ignore them all.

4. Efros

Media really operating on 1 cylinder

No mention of this on any of the major news sites, seems the bury it 'neath the EU debate ploy is working.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Media really operating on 1 cylinder

seems the bury it 'neath the EU debate ploy is working.

Only working on the hard of thinking.

Purely on Snoopers Charter, I won't ever vote for the Tories again (I'm making the probably correct assumption that they won't ever come to their senses).

Interestingly Corbyn's doing the same with Labour supporters and Trident, so if between them, the senior braying idiots of Westminster can piss off enough of their core supporters, then the 2020 general election could be a real laugh. The only thing we need to work against is the simpletons in the population who might delude themselves that voting for the least worst alternative is an acceptable response.

1. Richard 12 Silver badge

Re: Media really operating on 1 cylinder

Snoopers charter isn't a Tory policy.

It's a Home Office policy.

Most of the content of this Bill has been put forward in every recent Parliament with only minor changes - Labour, ConDem Coalition and Conservative.

One wonders why that particular set of civil servants are so keen on these mass surveillance powers.

What is it that they have to hide?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I hate being right at times

http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2016/02/11/joint_committee_investigatory_powers_bill_shoot_the_messenger/#c_2776777

Write to your MP, that's all you can do, but as the Conservatives have a majority & I guarantee they'll use the whip, we can expect this ill thought out crap on the statute books by Wednesday

6. magickmark
    Headmaster

corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - when the republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous -- said by Tacitus

1. Vimes

Re: corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Inter arma enim silent leges

1. Anonymous Coward
        Black Helicopters

"That government is best which governs least."

-Thomas Jefferson (attributed)

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Governments which govern least, are captured by corporate interests.

Power vacuums can't exist for long. It's about time silly 'muricans learn that.

7. s. pam Silver badge
    Holmes

I've just written to my local MP

I'll be very curious as he's an IT professional if he would vote for it!

1. sabroni Silver badge

Re: he's an IT professional if he would vote for it!

Voting for it will turn him into an IT professional!! That's some fancy legislation.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Also just fired both barrells at my MP.

Took the oppotunity to raise a number of other issues including why he feels the need to reply to an email on a expensive stationary.

I expect to hear his full unconditional support for this draconian bill with a few days.

Mr. Dowd - you don't represent your constituents in the slightest and a growing number of us are fed up of it!

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

"Took the oppotunity to raise a number of other issues"

That's a mistake. It gives him the opportunity to ignore your main point and reply to the most trivial or the one where he can give the most anodyne reply.

2. Vimes

why he feels the need to reply to an email on a expensive stationary.

To be fair all MPs seem to do this, at least the handful I've dealt with. Perhaps it's standard practice for them (whether it should change is a different matter though).

1. fruitoftheloon
        Happy

@Vimes

Vimes,

When I asked my MP about something a while ago, the initial clarification was done by email, the formal response by 2nd class post.

Cheers,

Jay

1. Vic

Re: @Vimes

When I asked my MP about something a while ago, the initial clarification was done by email, the formal response by 2nd class post.

The last time I asked my MP about something, my question was completely ignored until I'd sent two follow-up emails (about a montjh apart).

I then got a response - on very expensive paper - providing a vague non-answer to an entirely different question.

I've got a different MP now - who reckons I'd get a different response?

Vic.

1. Vimes

Re: @Vimes @vic

Who knows: you might finally get an answer to the first question...

2. Mark 85

@Vimes

To be fair all MPs seem to do this, at least the handful I've dealt with. Perhaps it's standard practice for them (whether it should change is a different matter though).

Do they all use the same PR agency for responding? Sounds like it.

3. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

When you're paid (note, not earning) £70,000 a year, cutting waste is something only the peasants have to worry about.

9. batfastad

Ask

Well at least they ask all those who will be affected by this, so all UK citizens, first. Oh...

Anyone who thinks democracy in this country isn't broken, then ask them when the referendum for this change in legislation is taking place.

10. kmac499

Not Bad News for everyone

ROLL UP ROLL UP Get yer new IPhones 'ere ; Guarenteed uncrackable and proof from snooping Agencies, as advertised by the FBI.

Oops I forgot; in this country failure to hand over your password is a crime.

1. phil dude
      Joke

Re: Not Bad News for everyone

worse than that, it's an Island....

P.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Which is why people really should engage in plausible denability.

1. Dr Scrum Master

Which is why people really should engage in plausible denability.

I don't believe you.

11. Someone_Somewhere

Time to leave this sceptic isle methinks

and never communicate with anyone there again - no email, no sms, no voip, no telephone calls, no printer produced text, no handwritten letters.

No smartphone, featurephone or unremovable-battery-phone either.

No perusing any of the websites you normally read (behavioural fingerprinting, don'cha know).

Of course you'll noticably drop off the radar and become a person of especial interest as a result.

But it's nothing that a complete identity change (up to, and including, full reconstructive surgery*). elocution lessons and suchlike won't ameliorate.

Then relocate to a war-zone followed by more reconstructive surgery then a move to another war-zone followed by even more reconstructive surgery then a move to yet another war-zone and yet more reconstructive surgery.

Now you can come back (via Greece) with a completely new identity, having 'lost' your papers in all the confusion of the last war-zone**, and issued new ones in Germany.

Shouldn't take more than a couple of years at the most.

* not a sex-change - too obvious

** don't mention the previous two

1. Someone Else Silver badge

@ Someone_Somewhere -- Re: Time to leave this sceptic isle methinks

Did you really mean "sceptic", or was that a typo on "septic"?

1. Someone_Somewhere

Re: @ Someone_Somewhere -- Time to leave this sceptic isle methinks

Autocorrect, unfortunately - yes, 'septic'

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

fuckin SLAG

does wot it sez on the tin

13. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

It is only a matter of short time whenever they just don't get it

And then the powers that wannabe wonder why third party terrorism is on the rise and will shortly be smarter targeting them personally as the enemy to be removed from the politically inept and corrupt and incorrect scene.

Stupid is as stupid does.

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: It is only a matter of short time whenever they just don't get it

And is the above and this ...... http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-02-28/empire-will-strike-back ..... wrong, and not something to be radically and fundamentally remedied?

And do you imagine intelligence and military forces will align themselves and support the indefensible and inequitable, the perverse and the corrupt? Would that not be incredibly stupid and naive of them and render them as legitimate future targets/persons of interest?

2. Someone Else Silver badge
      Coat

@ amanfromMars 1 - Re: It is only a matter of short time whenever they just don't get it

Around here, we refer to that as a "Second Amendment Remedy".

And for those on the right side of the Pond, or simply to young or brain-dead to remember, that was coined by a real, serious politician running for a real, serious office (U.S. Senate).

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: @ amanfromMars 1 - It is only a matter of short time whenever they just don't get it

Such blunt force trauma remedies are of course always a possibility, Someone Else, whenever systems insist on creating fools as personal tools of anonymising foe in need of radicalised attention.

And the smarter that systems need to become to retain and maintain lead with Remote Command and Media Control, the greater the likelihood of the solution being considered perfectly normal and convenient when power is abused and misused/perverted and corrupted.

The following being true is surely a real concern ……

This, I argue, is somewhat analogous to an argument that we should be entitled to own firearms, despite the fact that SOME people will use them wrongly/immorally/illegally. The ownership is a right even though it may ultimately allow or enable an abuse that you consider wrong and punishable. I consider the truth of such an argument to be obvious and correct, and I know you would too.

I realize that this lacks the crisp certitude of safety which would be reassuring to the average, "pre-libertarian" individual. But you are not the "average individual" and I trust that as long-time libertarians you will recognize rights must exist even given the hypothetical possibility that somebody may eventually abuse them.

I do not know whether I "invented" or "discovered" this system; perhaps it's a little of both. I do genuinely believe that this system, or one like it, is as close to being technologically inevitable as was the invention of firearms once the material we now know as "gunpowder" was invented. I think it's on the way, regardless of what we do to stop it. Perhaps more than anyone else on the face of this planet, this notion has filled me, sequentially and then simultaneously, with awe, astonishment, joy, terror, and finally, relief.

Awe, that a system could be produced by a handful of people that would rid the world of the scourge of war, nuclear weapons, governments, and taxes. Astonishment, at my realization that once started, it would cover the entire globe inexorably, erasing dictatorships both fascistic and communistic, monarchies, and even so-called "democracies," which as a general rule today are really just the facade of government by the special interests. Joy, that it would eliminate all war, and force the dismantling not only of all nuclear weapons, but also all militaries, making them not merely redundant but also considered universally dangerous, leaving their "owners" no choice but to dismantle them, and in fact no reason to KEEP them!

Terror, too, because this system may just change almost EVERYTHING how we think about our current society, and even more for myself personally, the knowledge that there may some day be a large body of wealthy people who are thrown off their current positions of control of the world's governments, and the very-real possibility that they may look for a "villain" to blame for their downfall. They will find one, in me, and at that time they will have the money and (thanks to me, at least partially) the means to see their revenge. But I would not have published this essay if I had been unwilling to accept the risk.

Finally, relief. Maybe I'm a bit premature to say it, but I'm satisfied we will be free. I'm convinced there is no alternative. It may feel like a roller-coaster ride on the way there, but as of today I think our destination is certain. Please understand, we will be free.

Your libertarian friend,

Jim Bell ……. Assassination Politics

Nowadays though are novel arsenals loded with myriad other types of fantastic weapons to extraordinarily render fools their just desserts, and that is equally as terrifying methinks ...... although significant others would consider that most reassuring.

14. LaunchpadBS
    Black Helicopters

One wonders

If perhaps Mr Cam didn't play this who EU thing up just to take our attention away from this

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This was inevitable, someone wants this power and doesn't care how they get it.

I used to think we live in a democracy but these days I'm not so sure, it seems that no matter which way you vote they will do whatever they have planned. I would go so far as to say that governments are just a front for whatever (insert tin foil hat) organisation is actually in power with token gestures made to the public every now and again to keep the illusion going. Take Cameron's speech on the EU, that was the first time I've heard them mention TTIP and in it he said "We are signing up to TTIP" so and I know slightly off topic but here we have a prime example of the government signing up to a secret corporate agreement without any interaction from anyone and we call this democracy?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@Anonymous

Actually the whole "Leave the EU" thing strikes me that way, the only 2 laws I've heard Government minsters specifically mention when they talk about "repatriating" lawmaking back from Brussels are Health and Safety (Chris Grayling), and The Working Time Directive (Cameron).

So no legal recourse when you're injured by virtue of an employers negligence, and they will also be able to make you work more than 40 hours per week (ignoring the fact the UK negotiated an opt out clause, but it does rely on "voluntary" written assent from the employee).

If they manage to repatriate those 2 from Brussels I think most ordinary people will regret it!!

1. Terry 6 Silver badge

Re: @Anonymous

IMHO the two things go together.

Both the new snooping powers and the fight against the EU are, for some MPs at least, about making sure that no one can limit what they do, not about protecting us, but removing our protections.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: @Anonymous

"the only 2 laws I've heard Government minsters specifically mention when they talk about "repatriating" lawmaking back from Brussels are Health and Safety (Chris Grayling), and The Working Time Directive (Cameron)."

Oh, you've noticed, shame nobody else seems to see past the foriegners taking our jobs shite. jacob rees-mog, mr Timewarp himself, said he didn't agree with the EU employments rights legislation on some TV interview I watched and I heard another tory MP say the same on TV.

I'm assuming we will be out, as no press I have heard asks pertinent questions like "What red tape" when some MP vommits out "too much red tape" as an excuse to leave. The same for which EU migrants they want to send home, nurses currently an 8% staffing shortage or the 1 in 5 GPs that are foriegn workers? Apparently nannies and housemaids are exempt which covers the MPs and the rest of the populace are too busy playing with their shiney consumer goods, slaving over some celebrity or wanking over videos on the tubes.

Personally I'll have my VPN in some foriegn land setup by then and plenty of ipv4 address space for it too. Maybe I should setup an office like Brill, Enemy of the state.

Maybe the MPs extreemist idiology will breed a new set of domestic anti-extreemist terrorists.

2. Mark 85

This was inevitable, someone wants this power and doesn't care how they get it.

My question is "who is following who"? or maybe "whom"? Over here in the States, it appears that each of us are trying to top the other in their killing off democracy.

16. scrubber
    Joke

Democracy? Constitutional Monarchy!

Maybe the Queen will fulfil her constitutional role and refuse to give the bill royal assent.

1. Afernie

Re: Democracy? Constitutional Monarchy!

She won't.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cynical SoBs, aren't they?

So Cameron is backing the Snooper's Charter, plus he's backing staying in the EU.

So what happened to Conservatives being for small government??

18. Bota

Who remembers voting for ..

Invading Iraq, Afghanistan, Bobig Syria, to bail out the banks, anything Blair related or the "historic" kiddie play at Dolphin House where no one still has been brought to account.

Democracy?

If you believe that I've got some magic beans for you to buy.

19. Richard Parkin

If you don't like the political system how did you vote in the AV Referendum?

20. A Ghost
    Holmes

Why is it...

...that only the good, the young, the beautiful, get cancer?

Even if these bastards got it, they would deprive us of one of our few moments of joy, by saying it was something else.

There's no justice in this world.

And justice is not seen to be done.

The people are not happy.

And even if they are revolting, they are not revolting yet, and probably never will, but my god, if they ever do...

Heads on sticks will be the least of it.

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hey, keep it down over there..

You guys/gals keep all the sh!t down! If (when!?) it passes there, it'll make the "patriot act" over here look like an "exercise/experiment". Our next (fearfull) leader (either one of them) WILL make it so!

22. Conundrum1885

Re. Tinfoil hats

https://falkvinge.net/2012/07/12/in-the-uk-you-will-go-to-jail-not-just-for-encryption-but-for-astronomical-noise-too/#comment-203527

I still have my "Insurance" file here, never managed to work out quite what it was but judging by the prompt removal of the one referenced link after I informed the agency concerned it is probably MJ12/CTS/etc relating to a certain piece of hardware on a certain planet in our Solar System :-)

Really should get around to mailing a copy because its interesting stuff suggesting a cover-up.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ONE option

Lets just hope there is an MP with a spine who can Filibuster.

Oh wait its resisted all stages and lords to be voted through both houses on the 23/06/2016

24. Jonathan Richards 1
    Go

Many eyes...

... make bugs shallow; maybe this works for draft legislation, too.

Instead of unfocussed beefing to our MP's why don't we divide up the draft bill between us, and give just our bit a good read, then pool our problems, to be distributed to said MPs. After all, there's a wealth of expertise here, a wide range of opinions, and a fortnight to go before the second reading.

However, as I post this, the draft bill does not appear on legislation.gov.uk. Does anyone know where to get a copy?

Edit: Found it

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like