back to article Irish kids get first-person view of 1916 uprising... via Minecraft

Irish schoolchildren will no longer have to experience the Republic’s blood and fire birth through grainy black-and-white pics and film reels - they can experience it through the full colour lumpenly pixelated reality of Minecraft instead. The Mindrising project is providing teaching materials to help Irish teachers, and other …

1. Ralph B
    Coat

Bricks

Well, I guess if anything could be simulated by throwing a lot of bricks at a problem then ...

2. 404

Scale vs Detail

As someone who spent 10 hours building seawall/battlements last night on the family Minecraft server and still have so_much_to_do, looking at the detail of the Mindrising project is incredible...

I like it.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't do Minecraft kids, it's got Microsoft in it.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Next up!

Using Age of Empires to simulate William Wallace's and Robert the Bruce's campaigns?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Next up!

With The Forgotten HD expansion!

5. Hatless Pemberty
    Windows

Kashmir

I don't know anything about minecraft or Irish schoolchildren (I swear) but for a moment there I thought that was a Led Zeppelin album cover.

Bloody digital media!

6. x 7

" they were related to every Irish citizen alive today."

look, we know the Irish historically were heavily related by incest, but do you have to rub it in?

1. Owen Sweeney

Incest...

It happened after the English invaded.

1. x 7

Re: Incest...

"Incest...

It happened after the English invaded."

typical....we get the blame for everything

7. This post has been deleted by its author

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like